A selection of articles related to england.
Original articles from our library related to the England. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on England.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
England is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, England books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KINGS OF WESSEX AND ENGLAND 802–1066
- KINGS OF WESSEX AND ENGLAND. 802–1066. (Note: Ealdorman was a Shire Officer who took part in the Witan, an early Saxon form of Parliament.
- ENGLAND - HM Revenue & Customs
- ENGLAND. Wards qualifying for the stamp duty relief for Disadvantaged Areas. EAST MIDLANDS.
- East of England Plan
- The Revision to the Regional Spatial Strategy for the East of England.
- The Protection of Children in England: A Progress Report
- The Protection of. Children in England: A Progress Report. T he Protection of Children in England: A Pro gress R eport.
Suggested News Resources
- England enjoy World Cup boost as Ireland lose again
- DUBLIN — England ensured they set off for the World Cup on a winning note with a 20-9 victory over Ireland in their final warm-up match at Lansdowne Road here on Saturday.
- Kevin Pietersen left out of England one-day squad to rest
- England have left him out of the one-day squad for the five match Natwest series against India so he can recharge his batteries. That also allows Ben Stokes to have a proper tilt at international cricket after his debut in Ireland.
- EuroHockey: England women beat Spain to win bronze medal
- By Ollie Williams England's women won their fourth consecutive European hockey bronze medal with a 2-1 victory over Spain. Silvia Munoz gave Spain the lead but Alex Danson's cross was met on the line by Helen Richardson to equalise.
- England line-up provokes angry reaction
- But Ferguson's latest attack, which was prompted by the revelation that United will supply up to eight members of Fabio Capello's England squad for next week's European Championship, has left relations at a new low.
- England put their faith in Sheridan
- England manager Martin Johnson is no fan of selection 'gambles' so it says something about Andrew Sheridan that the powerhouse prop is in the World Cup squad after an injury-marred season.
Suggested Web Resources
- England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- England's terrain mostly comprises low hills and plains, especially in central and southern England.
- BBC News - England
- Get the latest BBC England news: breaking news, in-depth features, analysis and debate plus audio and video coverage from the English regions.
- The official site of Visit England - The England Tourist Board
- Official site with details of tourist information centres, destination guides, activities , attractions and accommodation.
- Map of England
- Map of England and travel information about England brought to you by Lonely Planet.
- Facts about England
- England is 74 times smaller than the USA, 59 times smaller Where is England? England is in north-west Europe and is in the southern part of Great Britain.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesanticholinergic effects
montreal expos retired numbers
the purloined letter plot
geography of argentina land use
conquest of britain