A selection of articles related to england.
Original articles from our library related to the England. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on England.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
England is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, England books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- France 0 England 0: Mark Sampson's Lionesses ensure third place in SheBelieves Cup
- MARK SAMPSON's Lionesses ended their SheBelieves Cup campaign with a goalless draw against France in Boca Raton, Florida. But the England boss insisted his side's performances in the United States proved that our women's side can now compete ...
- England have learned from World Cup errors against Wales, says Borthwick
- If England find themselves trailing to Wales at Twickenham by three points with three minutes to go, contemplating a testing penalty wide on the right, the first decision will be no less delicate than it was the last time.
- Visa issues nix Guillermo Rigondeaux's fight in England
- Former unified junior featherweight world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux's fight against James "Jazza" Dickens, scheduled for Saturday at Echo Arena in Liverpool, England, is off because of Rigondeaux's problems obtaining a visa. Rigondeaux had been ...
- England hooker Jamie George out of Six Nations match with Wales
- The England hooker Jamie George has been ruled out of the match against Wales on Saturday by a biceps injury and will be replaced on the bench by Luke Cowan-Dickie. The Saracens player ruptured a tendon during training on Tuesday afternoon and ...
- England vs Wales: Our current combined best XV
- England vs Wales: Our current combined best XV. Previous slide Next slide 1 of 16 View All Skip Ad. England vs Wales: Our current combined best XV.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.