A selection of articles related to epic poetry.
Original articles from our library related to the Epic Poetry. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Epic Poetry.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Muses
- Nine Goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, charged with overseeing intellectual and artistic endeavor: Erato, Euterpe, Kalliope, Klio, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania. The realms of the muses: Erato Love Poetry Euterpe Lyric...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Epic Poetry is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Epic Poetry books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mongolian Oral Epic Poetry: An Overview
- What is an Epic?
- What is an Epic? An epic in its most specific sense is a genre of classical poetry originating in Greece. The conventions of this genre are several: (a).
- EPIC POETRY Gregory Booth Senior English Sheridan High School
- Epic poetry (specifically folk epics) offers readers a glimpse into the values and beliefs What distinguishes epic poetry from other forms of poetry? 2.
Suggested News Resources
- Epic poetry
- The Dragon's Back is one of the more popular climbing feature on the Boulder Batholith near Homestake Pass. Lyra Leigh-Nedbor of Bozeman climbs Proboscis on the Dragon's Back near Homestake Pass last week.
- "Hortyort" Reinvigorates Epic Poetry with Marvel vs. Capcom's Mike Haggar
- By Jef With One F Thu., Aug. 18 2011 at 9:30 AM The Internet has shamefully taken the word "epic" and gang-redefined it on a pinball machine while we all look on.
- UST extends Literary Prize deadline
- Premio Tomas is a national contest open to all writers in four categories: Epic Poetry (Premio Recto); novel (Premio Jose); full-length drama or three-acts play (Premio Tinio) and expanded creative nonfiction or essay collection (Premio Mabini).
- Okot P'bitek's 1953 Debut Novel Still Relevant Half a Century Later
- Okot, who died in July 1982, is arguably Uganda's lone export to the international literary scene, with an African epic poetry style named after him as the Okot song school of poetry.
Suggested Web Resources
- epic poetry
- epic poetry: guide to past and present epic poetry online.
- Epic Poetry - The Genre of Epic Literature
- Epic poetry is distinct from other literary genres because of its content and style.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.