A selection of articles related to epicurus biography.
Original articles from our library related to the Epicurus Biography. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Epicurus Biography.
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Spiritual Warfare
- "And that it harm none..." This is a quote directly from the creed of the oldest religion in the world today. Paganism. Yes, some of you will leave the article now. That is OK, you are only proving my point. The quote, however, is very important not...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
Epicurus Biography is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Epicurus Biography books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Social Democracy
- I like to imagine Lenin as a Russian Epicurus, suspicious of too much eloquence, a political realist who called a spade a spade, the truth of the moment in plain unadorned speech.
- Atheism as old as belief in God or Gods and all religions
- The Epicureans, arguably the most famous group of atheists in ancient history, insisted predestination was a myth – they also rejected the idea that human life was controlled by the gods.
- The Great Capitalist Climacteric
- This article is from a keynote address presented at Manifesta in Ostend, Belgium on September 19, 2015. This year's Manifesta was organized around the theme of climate change in preparation for the COP21 climate negotiations (and protests) in Paris in ...
- From pop sculpture to skillfully restrained Polaroids, Brent Holmes' new show
- At the source of Holmes' inspiration stands Lucretius, a first-century B.C. poet-philosopher, who himself was influenced by earlier thinkers, like Epicurus and Democritis.
- Epicureanism: eat, drink, and be merry?
- Most people have a good idea what it is to have a Stoical attitude to life, but what it means to have an Epicurean attitude is not so obvious.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Epicurus Biography Topics
Related searchesethics in the bible gods benevolence
charles kingsford smith
private eye andrew neill image
antony flew biography
dream interpretation inheritance