A selection of articles related to equinoxes.
Original articles from our library related to the Equinoxes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Equinoxes.
- Ritual and Ritual Preparation
- Avoid interruptions during a religious or magical rite -- take the phone off the hook, lock the doors, post a "do not disturb" notice. Depending on how your animals and/or children react to ritual, you may have to make other arrangements for them...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The great problem in practical workings is to bring things through to the Sphere of Malkuth and to do this effectively we must bridge between Malkuth and Yesod. Yesod is represented by the nines in the tarot, great strength, material happiness, despair and...
Magick >> Qabalah
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Holy Oak
- The majesty of the Oak has been recognized by many cultures. The Celts, the Germanic and Nordic tribes, and the ancient Greeks all attributed this tree to their main god. To them the Oak represented power, protection and durability. The fiery Oak has strong...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
Equinoxes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Equinoxes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Satellites in Geostationary Orbits around the Equinoxes
- Satellites, Geo-stationary orbits and Solar Eclipses. Satellites in geo-stationary orbits close to the equinoxes experience an eclipse of the sun once every day.
- Exploring Solstices and Equinoxes
- September. Equinox. December.
- Solstice and Equinox Curriculum
- The origin and definitions of the words 'solstice' and 'equinox;'. • What occurs on the How solstices and equinoxes relate to the seasons on Earth.
Suggested News Resources
- What's Up in September: Summer waning as autumnal equinox nears
- The autumnal equinox arrives at 5:05 am Sept. 23 this year. The word equinox means "equal night.
- At Large : Cosmic wobbling and the end of one of those summers
- The term is still used, though precession of the equinoxes has moved the vernal equinox into Pisces." If these equinoxes are preceding, he thought, how does anyone know that the moment will be at precisely 6:31 am on that fateful day?
- Rejoice: High school football's back
- It all has to do with equinoxes and solstices and astronomical and meteorological seasons, but don't ask for details. Spring actually begins in Illinois on the first day that a robin can land in the backyard birdbath without encountering frozen water.
- Rugby World Cup is non-event: Letters, 20 August
- I did not read the original article but I suspect equinoxes were not given as the reason for solar disruption of telecasts.
- Valley City attraction gets land donation
- “I always was aware of the cycle of seasons and solstices and equinoxes as a child,” Stickler recalled.
Suggested Web Resources
- Equinox and Solstice Guide
- Athropolis Guide to the Equinoxes and Solstices. Summer Solstice, Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox and Autumn Equinox.
- The March Equinox Explained
- The March equinox, which marks the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere, will be on March 20 in 2012.
- Equinoxes and solstices : Time fact files : Astronomy & time : Explore
- Feb 18, 2003 Find out about equinoxes and solstices and why they don't always occur on the same dates every year.
- Equinox -- from Eric Weisstein's World of Astronomy
- There are two equinoxes each year.