Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture
A selection of articles related to ethical arguments regarding torture.
Original articles from our library related to the Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture.
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A View on the Wiccan Rede
- I was listening to radio evangelist Bob Larson talk to a witch on his radio show. The witch mentioned the Wiccan Rede "as you harm none, do as you will." He snorted and ridiculed the idea that such a simple idea could be a legitimate basis for...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- The Burning Times
- The enlightened emergence from the medieval Dark Ages. The Reformation. The Renaissance. An undeniably high point of human evolution. Or so we are taught, and so many believe, but to my people -- the Pagans, the Witches, the wise women and men, the healers,...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Could the Military Disobey a President Trump?
- Jeff McMahan, a philosopher and frequent writer on the topic of the ethics of war, agreed with Hayden. “It is a part of the law that a soldier is legally required to disobey a 'manifestly unlawful' order,” he said.
- Is Trump a Conservative; Even “Reaganesque”?
- Ad hominem is merely attacking the person rather than making a rational argument. Pointing out simple facts about a person's life or voting record is not ad hominem. Saying something like: “Trump is just a big-mouthed reality show clown who hates women ...
- Is Torture Ever Ethically Justifiable?
- Taking a kind of “bird's eye view” of the whole situation, including the reality of terrorism and the arguments for and against torture, this writer comes to this ethical and moral conclusion.
- Privacy or security?
- When it comes to things like torture, most Canadians would say they were against the practice. But what if I ...
- Graham Wages War on Trump
- On March 4, U.S. Sen.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.