Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture
A selection of articles related to ethical arguments regarding torture.
Original articles from our library related to the Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture.
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A View on the Wiccan Rede
- I was listening to radio evangelist Bob Larson talk to a witch on his radio show. The witch mentioned the Wiccan Rede "as you harm none, do as you will." He snorted and ridiculed the idea that such a simple idea could be a legitimate basis for...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- The Burning Times
- The enlightened emergence from the medieval Dark Ages. The Reformation. The Renaissance. An undeniably high point of human evolution. Or so we are taught, and so many believe, but to my people -- the Pagans, the Witches, the wise women and men, the healers,...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ethical Arguments Regarding Torture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ralph Pahlmeyer ECON 4999 An Economist's View: Torture as a
- The use of torture in the war on terrorism presses many ethical issues.
- A Defense of Torture: Separation of Cases, Ticking Time-bombs
- will prove especially recalcitrant to granting moral license of torture, even in idealized cases.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ethical arguments regarding torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ethical arguments have arisen regarding torture, and its debated value to society.
- Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 5.1 Ethical arguments regarding torture; 5.
- The Argument for Torture
- But, the ethics of torture are murkier than we think. It is by incontrollably throughout the system - is the most powerful - perhaps the only - argument against it.
- The Ethics of American Torture
- Sep 25, 2006 The current debate over America's use of torture in the War on Terror . Next up in the weak ethical argument parade is misapplied reciprocity.
- A Consequentialist Argument against Torture Interrogation of Terrorists
- A Consequentialist Argument against Torture Interrogation of Terrorists. Jean Maria Arrigo, Ph.D.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.