A selection of articles related to ethiopian calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Ethiopian Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ethiopian Calendar.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 12:2 And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Ethiopian Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ethiopian Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Who pays for what? Habitat III 'finally' turns to financing New Urban Agenda
- “At Addis Ababa we did not have a seat at the roundtable,” said Johannesburg Mayor Mpho Franklyn Parks Tau, referring to last year's major Financing for Development conference in the Ethiopian capital. “We used the platform of business to ...
- East Africa: Beautiful, Amazing Ethiopia....
- In the Gregorian year 2015 Anno Domini, the Ethiopian calendar year 2008 begins on September 12, rather than September 11, on account of this additional epagomenal day occurring in September 11 every four years. The most interesting thing to me was ...
- Tennis star Maria Sharapova and Ethiopian runners busted for same drugMarch 7
- Track and field has been hit with two big name doping busts this week, specifically from the London Olympics, including the aforementioned Ethiopian-born 1,500m world champion Aregawi, who now represents Sweden, as well as Gamze Bulut, the 2012 ...
- Ethiopia: Martyrs Day, a Beacon Light of Our Freedom
- Over the following weeks the colonial authorities executed about 30,000 persons in retaliation including about half of the younger and educated Ethiopian population. This period of atrocities came to be known as Yekatit 12 (the Ethiopian calendar date ...
- 10 fun facts about leap year and leap day -- Feb. 29, 2016 (photos)
- A leap year in the Ethiopian calendar occurs when an extra day is added to the last month of the year every four years. Leap year traditions: It's acceptable for a woman to propose to a man on Feb. 29.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.