- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio accused of faking accent to gain street cred
- FILE - This Jan. 1, 2014 file photo shows Dante de Blasio during the public inauguration ceremony for his father Mayor Bill de Blasio at City Hall in New York.
- The Canucks' Speech: What does it mean to talk with an Alberta accent?
- Rosen says local dialects, or “ethno-lects,” created by First Nations communities and religious colonies or groups like the Hutterites, Mennonites and Mormons have flourished in rural parts of the province.
- Tom Wolfe's “Back to Blood” reviewed by Ron Charles
- Wolfe's attention to ethnolects — the peculiar dialects of various ethnic groups — can be laborious, but it highlights the way people encode their insults and their superiority in language.
- It's our own strain of strine, habib
- "Anna in Arabic means 'I', so we'd make up names that meant things like 'I eat shit' and then rush away so she wouldn't see us laughing, while any Arabic speakers around would think, 'Did I just hear that?
Ethnolects is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ethnolects books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesfirebird database server history
tamil people the classical period
dr kanatjan alibekov
color models cie xyz color space
the last man on earth