- Q&A with professor of ethnomusicology Robin Moore
- University of Texas professor Robin Moore teaches ethnomusicology, the study of the intersections of music and culture. He will be speaking at Person Hall today about his work. Staff writer Hanzhang Jin spoke with Moore on his upcoming talk at UNC, his ...
- Sounds of Schoenberg: The Levantine buzuq
- UCLA ethnomusicology graduate student Ryan Vig plays the Levantine buzuq, a long-necked fretted lute and folk instrument, with roots in Arab communities across Lebanon and Syria. (Laura Uzes/Daily Bruin) ...
- Making music with field recordings and open source
- There are also field recordists who focus on recording the music of others, especially as ethnomusicology—preserving musical traditions.
- Sounds of Schoenberg: The Chinese dizi
- UCLA graduate student of ethnomusicology Rose Boomsma, who is also a classical Western flutist, has been learning how to play the Chinese dizi for the past three years. (Anisha Joshi/Daily bruin) ...
Ethnomusicology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ethnomusicology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchescasper wyoming geography
permitted and forbidden foods
descent from antiquity
grape seed oil