A selection of articles related to etymology dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Etymology Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Etymology Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Welcome again to my "Rune-of-the-Month" Club! At the rate I've been going, it's been more like the "Rune-of-the-Year" Club, but I'll try to speed up the pace. This article puts the series over the halfway mark. This is the twelfth of the...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Etymology Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Etymology Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Amerind Dictionary - Merritt Ruhlen
- An Amerind Etymological Dictionary .. indeed, no etymological dictionary has ever attempted to provide this level of detail for all sources.
- Etymological Dictionary of Basque
- Trask's own presentation of the objectives of the Etymological Dictionary of .
- 1 Kaufman: preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary A
- Background to the preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary: My life as a linguistic fieldworker in Meso-America ....................
Suggested News Resources
- No violets shrinking among attorneys general
- General, as in "commander of an army," dates to the 1570s, says the Online Etymology Dictionary. It was a shortening of captain general, borrowed from the French, capitaine général.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- History and evolution of more than 30000 words, including slang and technical terms.
- Online Etymology Dictionary | Etymology of Words & Word Origins
- Free online etymology dictionary. Discover the evolution and origins of words.
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary. MyEtymology.
- Etymological dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An etymological dictionary discusses the etymology of the words listed.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Etymology Dictionary Topics
Related searcheselectrical resistance ac resistance
cant hardly wait quotes
3 juno characteristics
pensacola florida transportation
geography of france natural resources