A selection of articles related to etymology dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Etymology Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Etymology Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Etymology Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Etymology Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Amerind Dictionary - Merritt Ruhlen
- An Amerind Etymological Dictionary .. indeed, no etymological dictionary has ever attempted to provide this level of detail for all sources.
- Etymological Dictionary of Basque
- Trask's own presentation of the objectives of the Etymological Dictionary of .
- 1 Kaufman: preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary A
- Background to the preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary: My life as a linguistic fieldworker in Meso-America ....................
Suggested News Resources
- No violets shrinking among attorneys general
- General, as in "commander of an army," dates to the 1570s, says the Online Etymology Dictionary. It was a shortening of captain general, borrowed from the French, capitaine général.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- History and evolution of more than 30000 words, including slang and technical terms.
- Online Etymology Dictionary | Etymology of Words & Word Origins
- Free online etymology dictionary. Discover the evolution and origins of words.
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary. MyEtymology.
- Etymological dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An etymological dictionary discusses the etymology of the words listed.
Etymology Dictionary Topics
Related searchessarah mclachlan singles
the beatles notes
racing list of types of race
art nouveau art nouveau media