A selection of articles related to etymology dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Etymology Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Etymology Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Etymology Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Etymology Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Amerind Dictionary - Merritt Ruhlen
- An Amerind Etymological Dictionary .. indeed, no etymological dictionary has ever attempted to provide this level of detail for all sources.
- Etymological Dictionary of Basque
- Trask's own presentation of the objectives of the Etymological Dictionary of .
- 1 Kaufman: preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary A
- Background to the preliminary Mayan Etymological Dictionary: My life as a linguistic fieldworker in Meso-America ....................
Suggested News Resources
- No violets shrinking among attorneys general
- General, as in "commander of an army," dates to the 1570s, says the Online Etymology Dictionary. It was a shortening of captain general, borrowed from the French, capitaine général.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- History and evolution of more than 30000 words, including slang and technical terms.
- Online Etymology Dictionary | Etymology of Words & Word Origins
- Free online etymology dictionary. Discover the evolution and origins of words.
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary
- MyEtymology.com - A universal etymology dictionary. MyEtymology.
- Etymological dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An etymological dictionary discusses the etymology of the words listed.
Etymology Dictionary Topics
Related searchesside-spar cable-stayed bridge
breakfast television citytv edmonton
healing heart chakra
kievan rus the golden age of kiev