A selection of articles related to euphemism.
Original articles from our library related to the Euphemism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Euphemism.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Euphemism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Euphemism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Guest column: A familiar euphemism?
- It's rare that I get an opportunity to laud a Republican lawmaker for intelligence and courage (especially in Idaho!), but Rep. Kelley Parker was spot-on in her assessment and concerns about the Idaho Freedom Foundation and its President, Wayne Hoffman.
- Beware of buying in to the 'merger' euphemism
- It turns out I know more about mergers than I thought.
- The Majority of Women Still Use Euphemisms to Describe Their Menstrual Cycle
- Though “Les Anglais ont debarqué” is possibly the finest euphemism in existence—it truly has the ring of a historical epic—alas, it still deflects from clear and honest talk about menstruation.
- Fight Night in Florida
- The eighth Democratic debate took place in Miami on Wednesday night, cohosted by a Spanish-language network, and fittingly, the key question that divided Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders was about immigration. The two Democrats largely agree on ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.