A selection of articles related to fairy queen.
Original articles from our library related to the Fairy Queen. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fairy Queen.
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Morrighan (the), Morrigan, Morrigu
- ("Great Queen", "Specter Queen", "Supreme War Goddess" or "Queen of Phantoms or Demons") Irish/Celtic. The Dark aspect of the Celtic Triple Goddess. Crone aspect of the Goddess. Great Mother. Moon Goddess. Great White...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Foxglove: Correspondences
- Digitalis purpurea POISON Folk Names: Cow-Flop, Deadmen's Bells, Digitalis, Dog's Finger, Fairy Fingers, Fairy Petticoats, Fairy Thimbles, Fairy Weed, Floppy-Dock, Floptop, Folk's Gloves, Fox Bells, Foxes Glofa, The Great Herb, Lion's Mouth, Lusmore, Lus na...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary F
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Fairy Queen is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fairy Queen books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Springtime in Washington: Can you celebrate it in three perfect lines?
- When Monica's son, Cameron, was little and had lost a tooth, he discovered a note from the Tooth Fairy under his pillow, along with a little money. “He held the note and read it ... Queen Anne's County High Class of 1976 — Sept.
- Hans Abrahamsen: Fame and Snow Falling on a Composer
- While writing “Schnee,” Abrahamsen became fascinated with Hans Christian Andersen's “The Snow Queen,” and sections of the work are loosely related to scenes from the fairy tale.
- 'Dancing with Salem Stars' goes Hollywood at Elsinore
- Difficulty: "The waltz originated in the French courts in the 1400s and was scandalous at the time because of men dancing in contact with women. The waltz is elegant and smooth like a fairy tale come true.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.