A selection of articles related to faiyum.
Original articles from our library related to the Faiyum. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Faiyum.
- "Lady of the fertile land" and "lady of granaries", a deity of fertility and harvest but she was also a protector of linen, especially bandages, children and their nourishment. Mother of the grain god Nepri. She also gave each child a...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Sobek, Sebek, or (Gr:)Suchos, meaning crocodile. Lord of stretches of water and of fishes. There are several deities for water, Sobek being the most important. Son of Neith and Osiris or of Neith and Seth. His cult rose in the Twelfth Dynasty in the Fayum...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Faiyum is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Faiyum books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GYPSUM AND GYPSUM CRUSTS (GYPCRETES) AT THE RIMS OF
- Faiyum depression. But petrogypsic horizons and even gypcretes have been studied randomly in Egypt until now.
- Aeromagnetic Geophysical Investigation In El-Faiyum District
- Qatar Univ. Sci. Bull.
- The Endangered Faiyum (2008)
- e-c-h-o.org/News/Tourism.htm), the Faiyum Depression has been selected for Faiyum.
- Recent Discoveries in the Egyptian Faiyum and Sinai
- Recent Discoveries in the Egyptian Faiyum and Sinai. Wendell Phillips, Leader. University of California African Expedition.
Suggested News Resources
- Walters Art Museum partners with German venue
- Already in the works is a major exhibit called "Secrets of the Universe: The Egyptian Book of the Faiyum" that will be seen at both places starting in 2013. The display will address "how Egyptians thought the world was created," Schulz said.
- Walters to partner with German museum on exhibits, research
- In the future, the two museums will share an ancient Egyptian art exhibit called Secrets of the Universe: The Egyptian Book of the Faiyum.
Suggested Web Resources
- Faiyum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Faiyum (Arabic: الفيوم Fayyūm, Coptic: 'Ⲫⲓⲟⲙ Paiom) is a city in Middle Egypt.
- Booking.com: Hotels in Faiyum Governate, Egypt. Book your hotel
- Save up to 75% on hotels in Faiyum Governate, Egypt. Book online, pay at the hotel. Read hotel reviews and choose the best hotel deal for your stay.
- The Faiyum Region
- The Faiyum region consists of a large fertile depression covering 12000 sq. km in the Libyan Desert located about 60 km southwest of Cairo.
- Faiyum Hotels Egypt: 1 Cheap Accommodation Deals
- HotelsCombined™ compares the best hotel reservation sites to find the cheapest accommodation deals on 1 hotels in Faiyum, Egypt.
gilgit agency history
college of the southwest faculty
list of islands in the mediterranean
indigo dye sources and uses