Family Name Etymology
A selection of articles related to family name etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Family Name Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Family Name Etymology.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 And it came to pass after the plague, that the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, saying, 26:2 Take the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, from twenty years old and upward, throughout their...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Family Name Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Family Name Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Do Our Names Shape Our Destinies? Trump's Might.
- Further, we all know people who were named after a family member, religious figure, celebrity, or were given a name because it sounds creative, beautiful, or strong. Our names, either through etymology or association, can commemorate loved ones, evoke ...
- The Scottish surname Cunningham has more than one possible meaning or etymology:
- 1) A place name from the Cunningham area in the Ayrshire district of Scotland, which, in turn, got its name from the words cunny or coney, meaning "rabbit" and hame, meaning "home" (rabbit's home).
- Father Ermes Ronchi: The Pope's 2016 Lenten Retreat Master
- Thirdly, he focuses on beauty which, he said, is another name for God. Fourthly, he tries always to “be positive”, and find creative ways to be hopeful. “The Gospel is positive, it's enough just to read its etymology,” he said.
- The Cannabis Taxonomy Debate: Where Do Indica and Sativa Classifications Come
- First, let's look at the etymology of the currently accepted taxonomy. Cannabis is an adaptation of an ancient word for the hemp plant and is the longstanding name of the genus that includes all hemp and drug varieties of the plant.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Family Name Etymology Topics
Related searchesjames madison early life
the poisonwood bible
submarine modern submarines
ask jeeves corporate details
mats sundin present status
ancient greek religion