Famine Famine Today
A selection of articles related to famine famine today.
Original articles from our library related to the Famine Famine Today. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Famine Famine Today.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts Today
- The Celts Today [ 40 ] The Celts, and Celtic peoples, are alive and well today. Celtic culture is well documented and preserved, and there are millions of people on different continents who make it a point to identify with that culture. In Ireland Irish...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Famine Famine Today is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Famine Famine Today books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Irish famine writer William Carleton born 202 years ago today
- Tyrone, acclaimed for his depictions of life in Ireland throughout the early 1800s and later through the years of the Great Famine.
- A reporter blocked from leaving China to accept a prize says his craft is
- Veteran Chinese journalist and historian Yang Jisheng exposed the massive death toll of China's Great famine, and how Communist Party chairman Mao Zedong's wrong policies created it, in his 2008 book Tombstone. For his “conscience and integrity in ...
- Irish Spring
- You remember dirty-faced, foreign-sounding, vaguely threatening Irish exiles pouring into Boston, New York and Philadelphia following the famine, as you see desperate people coming ashore — Syrian refugees — on Greek islands today. Then, they came ...
- Spare Times Listings for March 11-17
- City Museum's timely exhibition tells the story of how the New York City Marathon became the world-class race it is today, including photos from amateurs and professionals on display. Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, 212-534-1672, mcny.org.
- Troubador Loreena McKennitt brings passion for the Celtic sound to Segerstrom
- A 20-minute section during the concert will reference Irish history from the famine in the 1840s to today. In 1982, McKennitt did research on Irish immigrants who fled to Canada during the famine.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.