A selection of articles related to famous catholics.
Original articles from our library related to the Famous Catholics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Famous Catholics.
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Famous Catholics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Famous Catholics books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Luck of the Irish: Check out your roots for free
- The trove contains information on prominent Irish citizens as well as the forebears of famous Irish-Americans. Included is the 1828 marriage record, in Latin, of President John F. Kennedy's great-great-grandparents: Edmundus FitzGerald and Maria Lenihan.
- Catholic Trumpism Is Reigniting The 'American Problem' Within Pope Francis' Church
- According to "the American equation," that which is good for America is good in and of itself; American Catholicism lives within a similar illusion.
- 'Americanitis': The Disease of Living Too Fast
- Catholics just did whatever the church told them, in Beard's view, so that relieved some of their mental burden, and the South wasn't as modernized as the North.
- NY Cardinal Dolan: 'Where's the Catholic Sandy Koufax?'
- Indeed, the archbishop of New York was letting off some steam in a blog post on Thursday in which he lamented that Catholics –- and more than a few Catholic organizations –- seem much more interested in “Starbucks and sporting events” than they do in ...
- Once Upon a City: Why St. Patrick's Day parade was banned for 110 years
- On one occasion, the parade marshal astride a white horse chased a troublemaker right into a store, Hinds said. And he cited a famous Irish hotel near McCaul St. that regularly became the scene of a riot.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.