A selection of articles related to faroese culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Faroese Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Faroese Culture.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Faroese Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Faroese Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- U of California May Ban "Anti-Zionism" on Campus, Blurring Line Between
- Opposition to Zionism often is expressed in ways that are not simply statements of disagreement over politics and policy, but also assertions of prejudice and intolerance toward Jewish people and culture. ...
- Marriage Equality Round-Up - March 17th
- POP CULTURE: Joey Fatone's character of Angelo returns in the sequel to the 2002 smash comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding - and this time he's gay. full story · Joey-Fatone_Greek-Wedding-560x280. POP CULTURE: Newcomer Casey ...
- Passion for knitting leads Valpo woman across the globe
- She found the unique combination in the Faroes, 18 mountainous islands where every village is no more than five kilometers from the ocean, Klemz said. The country is halfway between Norway and Iceland, and the climate is predominantly very wet, and ...
- Modernist Shetland: MacDiarmid's quest to unify Scotland's diversity
- On a Raised Beach evokes Eliot's The Waste Land only to reject it: this is not a heap of broken images, MacDiarmid tells us, but: “All human culture is a Goliath to fall/To the least of these pebbles withal.
- Faro: More Than Just an Airport
- But Faro town is rich in history and culture and makes an excellent base for exploring the lesser-visited eastern section of Portuguese coast. Despite being destroyed by a massive earthquake in 1755, Faro boasts a large marina, an old walled ...
Faroese Culture Topics
pope celestine ii
stethoscope types of stethoscopes
dounreay hms vulcan