Fasting In Hinduism
A selection of articles related to fasting in hinduism.
Original articles from our library related to the Fasting In Hinduism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fasting In Hinduism.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- An Overview of Karma
- Karma is a Sanskrit word than means act or action. In a nutshell, Karma is all about reaping the consequences of one’s action.
Spirits >> The Soul
Fasting In Hinduism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fasting In Hinduism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A Look at the Hindu Maha Shivaratri Festival
- It is said that Lord Shiva himself is pleased with people who honor him through fasting, all-night vigil, and the offering of bael leaves. Thus, these three main activities generally mark the Maha Shivaratri festival.
- Nine important things to know about eating and drinking in Germany
- Germany's favorite fast food originated in Turkey. The döner kebab is a flatbread filled with grilled meat, onions, tomatoes, ... People have various reasons for choosing not to eat meat: Some are influenced by Buddhism or Hinduism.
- Swasthani Vrata Katha in Photos: Nepal's Month-Long Festival of Fasting and
- Swasthani Vrata Katha is a month-long Hindu festival during which women fast and pray to the goddess Swasthani to ask for the care and prosperity of their spouses and family members. Younger girls fast and pray to get good husbands.
- Faith and Action: Many cultures, religions recommend regular fasting
- The Bhagavad Gita, one of the sacred texts of Hinduism, speaks to the right attitude in which we live our lives, including when we fast: “That offering I accept, lovingly made / With pious will. Whate'er thou doest, Prince!
- Why it isn't 'depraved' to look at Mahishasura as the victim
- The joyous celebration of Durga Puja, accompanied by endless feasting in West Bengal, contrasts with the austere vegetarianism and, in some cases, fasting, by North Indian Hindus during Navaratri. And as Sitaram Yechury of the CPI(M) pointed out in ...
Fasting In Hinduism Topics
Related searchessamovar charcoal-burning samovar
fn p90 p90 tr
dream dictionary boat
reflexology skeptics views