Fatal Familial Insomnia
A selection of articles related to fatal familial insomnia.
Original articles from our library related to the Fatal Familial Insomnia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fatal Familial Insomnia.
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Angelica (Angelica Archangelics)
- This herb is great for stomach problems such as indigestion and heartburn. It also is said to boost energy and circulation. Magically speaking, you could use it as a protection amulet. If angelica is added to spells or baths, it breaks hexes. Chamomile (Matric...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Valerian (Valeiana Officinalis)
- This herb is used to treat exhaustion, fatigue, fever, insomnia. It makes a good pain reliever. For magic, it can be used in cleansing baths, attraction spells, wealth and protection spells as well....
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Clear/misty white to brown. Helps us be centered, confident, capable and versatile amidst life's challenges. Grounding to here/now and higher self. Graciousness, good listening/communication skills. Translates higher concepts to everyday language. Psychicness,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Fatal Familial Insomnia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fatal Familial Insomnia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A husband and wife's race to cure her fatal genetic disease
- The illness, fatal familial insomnia, or FFI, usually strikes at about age 50. Sonia was 27. Sonia and Eric sat down.
- A matter of life and death
- The unexpected death of Ms. Vallabh's mother, an Indian, from Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) — a one-in-a-million hereditary disease that results from a malfunctioning protein that degrades the nerves, causing a relentless insomnia and eventually death ...
- Fatal Familial Insomnia: The Brain Disease That Stops You Sleeping
- Like all prion diseases, Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) is caused by a change or mutation of the PRNP gene, which allows it to clump together in the thalamus region of the brain, eventually destroying the cells there.
- Insomnia That Kills
- Called fatal familial insomnia, or FFI, it's an extremely rare genetic disease that causes progressively worsening sleeplessness.
- Remarks by the President in Precision Medicine Panel Discussion
- So several years ago, your mother was diagnosed with a rare prion disease and passed away. �The disease is known as Fatal Familial Insomnia. �You have essentially devoted your life to making that name obsolete.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.