A selection of articles related to feast days.
Original articles from our library related to the Feast Days. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Feast Days.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part II
- II;1. Nu! the hiding of Hadit. II;2. Come! all ye, and learn the secret that hath not yet been revealed. I, Hadit, am the complement of Nu, my bride. I am not extended, and Khabs is the name of my House. II;3. In the sphere I am everywhere the centre,...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 23:3 Six days shall work be done:...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night. 16:2 Thou shalt therefore sacrifice the passover unto the LORD thy God, of the flock...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 5:3 And Adam...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Feast Days is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Feast Days books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Feast Days
- Harvestime Books. BY. VANCE FERRELL.
- Feast Days Quark
- FEAST DAYS. AND. SABBATHS.
- Common movable and fixed Feast Days
- Common movable and fixed Feast Days. Feast Day Calendar. English Equivalent .
- The Doctrine of the Old Testament Feast Days †or Holy Convocations
- 23:2, the term feast days is a misnomer, applied in popular usage, which distorted their true Mark 14:12 was probably the day before the feast began.
Suggested News Resources
- Temple of the 'Bride of the Desert'
- The statues in the northern adyton were probably permanent, while those on the south side were portable, paraded around the city on major feast days. Another striking feature of the temple is the delicate stone carving found above the two adyta.
- Church bake sale offers European treat
- Specific foods are connected to feast days in the Orthodox liturgical calendar. Pierogi are usually served during Lent or Christmas. “For us, food is not just something to fill up your stomach.
- Area Church Services
- Divine Liturgy, Sunday and feast days, 9 am Great Vespers with Litya, evenings of feast days, 7 pm Rev. David Cowan is pastor. 489-0942.
- Self-Defeating Concessions
- Unlike our Roman brethren, we do not venerate St. Pragmatica, and so we do not move our feast days to the nearest Sunday. Today is the Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, and today we observe that Feast.
Suggested Web Resources
- Feast Days - August - Catholic Online
- Prayers/Devotions · Saint of the Day · Stations of the Cross Feast Days - August .
- Calendar of saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Feast days are ranked in accordance with their importance.
- Roman Catholic Saints Calendar | Saint of the Day
- Saints by Date Most saints and holy people have specially designated feast days. On those days we remember these holy men and women in a special way.
- FEAST DAYS
- “Feast Days” at each of the Pueblos are named after the Pueblos' patron saint.