A selection of articles related to fertile crescent.
Original articles from our library related to the Fertile Crescent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fertile Crescent.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Khonsu, "the Traveller", referring to the moon wandering across the sky. Divine child of Amun and Mut, one of the Theban Triad. Depicted as a young boy in the form of a mummy, wearing the side-lock of youth and with the moon crescent above his head....
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- 15 - The Devil
- In fact this card represents Pan, the very old Nature-God of merriment, sensuality, fertility and life-force. Pan has the appearance of a half-man, half-goat. The goat is related to Capricorn and Saturn. Capricorn is persistent, tenacious, structured and will...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Sothis was the goddess personifying the dog-star Sirius, the bright appearance of which in the July dawn sky announced the annual flooding of the Nile. The Egyptian name of the goddess was "Sopdet", from which came the Greek Sothis, normally used in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Fertile Crescent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fertile Crescent books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Fertile Crescent? Neanderthals & Humans Likely Bred in the Mideast
- Neanderthals and modern humans may have interbred much earlier than thought, with ancient liaisons potentially taking place in the Middle East, researchers say.
- In conversation with Timothy Morton
- Lulled by that myth of smooth functioning, we kept on and on running the logistical program that started in the Fertile Crescent and elsewhere, until it required fossil fuels to keep going.
- Mamnoon Street and Anar Expand Seattle's Middle Eastern Options
- It's a cuisine filled with the flavors of Aleppo pepper, saffron, cumin and sumac, and it hails from Lebanon, Syria and the Fertile Crescent.
- What's on in Canberra's arts scene
- The Canberra-based artist known by the mysterious moniker "KNEES" has an exhibition of large-scale, multi-coloured reduction woodblock relief prints, including a cardboard vehicle.
Fertile Crescent Topics
Related searchescanis minor
feminist movement in the 20th century
sukhoi su-47 cockpit
eucharist ritual and liturgy