A selection of articles related to fertile crescent.
Original articles from our library related to the Fertile Crescent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fertile Crescent.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Khonsu, "the Traveller", referring to the moon wandering across the sky. Divine child of Amun and Mut, one of the Theban Triad. Depicted as a young boy in the form of a mummy, wearing the side-lock of youth and with the moon crescent above his head....
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Samhain Sabbat Ritual
- Now is the time of year in which we pass from light into darkness, symbolized by the death of the God of the sun. At this time, the spirits may roam the Earth along with the living, and the Goddess is in her crone aspect. Seasonal items should decorate the...
Holidays >> Samhain
Fertile Crescent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fertile Crescent books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- EMPIRES IN THE FERTILE CRESCENT
- Empires in the Fertile Crescent: Ancient Assyria, Anatolia, and.
- Forestry's fertile crescent: the application of biotechnology to forest
- 'Fertile Crescent' of the Middle East. 10 000 years ago, in the 'Fertile Crescent' of South-west recently, there has not been a 'Fertile Crescent' for forest trees.
- Lesson 2 Assyria Rules the Fertile Crescent
- 1. World History: Ancient Civilizations. Chapter 4: Early Empires.
- The Fertile Crescent
- Cities of Jesus. Page 1. Sinai/Egypt Blank Map.
- Ancient Civilisations of the Fertile Crescent
- Ancient Civilisations of the Fertile Crescent. TASK 1: Study the atlas and label the map with the expressions from the box.
Suggested News Resources
- UFC Rio: Silva Vs. Okami Preview & Predictions
- This Saturday, the UFC heads down to the fertile crescent of MMA for an obviously Brazilian-heavy card with plenty of questions: can Yushin Okami stop the Far East's slump by upsetting hometown hero Anderson Silva?
- Syria: damned if we do, damned if we don't
- Located in the fertile crescent where civilization first arose, it has ready access to the markets and ideas of Europe. Its capital of Damascus boasts of being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.
- What'll it be, BUB?
- SideBern's (2208 W Morrison Ave., Tampa; (813) 258-2233) is not only one of Tampa Bay's finest restaurants; it's also a fertile crescent of couture cocktail activity.
- Brett A. Clark/The Daily Advance
- By Robert Kelly-goss The bond between human and animal is as old as the story of the first known domestication of animals in the Middle East's Fertile Crescent.
- The Geopolitics of the United States, Part 1: The Inevitable Empire
- Only the Fertile Crescent has reliable agriculture, but that agriculture is only possible with capital- and labor-intensive irrigation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fertile Crescent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Fertile Crescent is a crescent-shaped region containing the comparatively moist and fertile land of otherwise arid and semi-arid Western Asia.
- Mesopotamia at mrdowling.com
- The Fertile Crescent has been home to various civilizations for over five thousand years.
- Welcome to Souraqia.com under construction!
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.