A selection of articles related to filipino myths.
Original articles from our library related to the Filipino Myths. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Filipino Myths.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Filipino Myths is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Filipino Myths books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Filipino Legends and Folktales
- I chose Filipino legends and folktales because of my love for their Filipino culture.
- Filipino Myths of Death and Speciation : Content and Structure1"
- fronted by many Filipino myths and a comparative study along structural lines would . freedom and containment is an important motif in Filipino myths.
- Celebrating The Philippines & Its People
- Filipino myths and legends give one family the courage they need to face the losses that WWII brings to them and to their country.
- MYTHS, FACTS AND - Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
- Dr. Rey B. Aquino, President and CEO of the Philippine Health.
- The Philippine Animation Industry Global Animation Perspective
- trilogy of selected Filipino Myths and legends from each of the country's three main island groups -- Luzon, Vizayas, Mindanao.
Suggested News Resources
- Pinoy behind Hollywood's stunning visual effects
- “I am very much fascinated by Filipino myths and ghost stories, particularly in Baguio City. The stories are pretty much unheard of outside the Philippines so it would be nice to showcase that," he said.
- Pinoy FX master is back in Final Destination 5
- One of his dreams is to someday shoot a film in the Philippines about Filipino myths or supernatural events in places like Corregidor or Siquijor which is associated with mystic traditions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philippine mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Philippine mythology and folklore include a collection of tales and superstitions about magical creatures and entities.
- Philippine mythical creatures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Creation Myths from the Philippines
- Jan 8, 2003 This is the ancient Filipino account of the creation.
- Myths & Folktales - SEAsite
- Philippine myths show that our ancient peoples believed in one supreme god and in a number of lesser gods and goddesses.
- Alamat, A Philippine Folktales, Myths and Legends Page
- A list of simple summaries of folk tales. Add your creativity and re-tell these to your kids, in your own words.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.