A selection of articles related to finnish paganism.
Original articles from our library related to the Finnish Paganism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Finnish Paganism.
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
Finnish Paganism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Finnish Paganism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- IRON AGE CEMETERIES AND HIISI SITES: IS THERE A
- IX (1227–1241) which promises to give all the Finnish sacred pagan groves to the church, “luci et delubra, deputati olim ritibus paganorum”.
- L. Honko, Finnish Literature Society, Helsinki, 2002. 'Oswald's Tree', in Pagans and Christians (Germania Latina II), University of Groningen, 1995, 149–73.
- Director: AJ Annila Writer: Iiro Küttner Cast: Ville Virtanen, Tommi
- A cruel and beautiful horror film bathing in the Finnish sauna culture, in the no- zone between. Christianity and paganism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Finnish paganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Finnish paganism was the indigenous pagan religion in Finland, Estonia and Karelia prior to Christianization.
- Taivaannaula - Finnish Paganism
- The main goal of this article is to provide informational overview on the basics of Finnish paganism to the English-speaking people.
- Modern Day Väinämöinen
- Learning about Finnish Paganism Terva took a very important role in the Finnish folk tradition, because of the healing powers of it.
- Finnish Pagan Religion
- Some Finnish pagans believe that people's destinies are written inthe leaves of this tree, and that when a leaf falls, a person dies.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Finnish Paganism Topics
color models cie xyz color space
the last man on earth
masculinity mens health risks
joe arpaio james saville