A selection of articles related to fires.
Original articles from our library related to the Fires. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fires.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Prometheus - Bringer of Light
- Prometheus is known for stealing the holy fire from Zeus. He was one of the titans, the old gods who lived already at the beginning of time and together with Zeus he had created the humans and taught them to walk upright while Zeus had blown life into them....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Fires is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fires books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hot Facts about House Fires - OK.gov
- Approximately 70 Oklahomans die each year in house fires. • In only 3 1/2 minutes, the heat from a house fire can reach over 1100 degrees. Fahrenheit.
- National Interagency Coordination Center
- Nationally, there are 51 large fires being managed to achieve multiple objectives.
- Topical Fire Research Series Vol. 7, Issue 1: Clothes Dryer Fires in
- Clothes dryer fires account for about 15600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 Eighty percent of clothes dryer fires in structures occur in residential buildings.
- Morning Highlights will no longer be updated for the 2011 fire
- Aug 12, 2011 According to the Alaska Interagency Coordination Center, as of 8/12/11, so far this year 483 fires have burned 292440 acres statewide.
- Residential Fires
- NFPA estimates that U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 373900 reported home structure fires per year during the five-year-period of 2005-2009.
Suggested News Resources
- Crews battle large fires across Oregon and brace for more lightning strikes
- By Bill Graves, The Oregonian View full sizeThomas Boyd/The OregonianThe Rooster Rock fire glowed in the sky as it spread over 2650 acres near Sisters in Central Oregon a year ago.
- Five new fires burning in Yellowstone National Park
- The Heart Lake Fire was discovered Thursday morning. Four other fires were reported late Thursday afternoon. All five were caused by lightning are are burning in the backcountry.
- Soldado late show fires Valencia to victory
- MADRID — A dramatic late double strike saw Roberto Soldado complete a hat-trick as Valencia beat Racing Santander 4-3 having appeared to be heading for defeat as the new La Liga season finally got underway on Saturday.
- Lightning starts fires in So. Utah
- Smoke and flames from fires on the Arizon Strip light up the night sky behind the lights of downtown St. George Friday. / Jud Burkett / The Spectrum Thunderstorms rolling through Southern Utah started 10 fires in the Color Country area Friday.
- White Sulphur-area fires among a dozen keeping crews busy
- An Erickson Air-Crane collects water to fight the West River Side fire near Bonner. As of Friday morning, that fire, one of about a dozen burning in Montana, was 2100 acres and 25 percent contained.
Suggested Web Resources
- Active Fire Mapping Program
- Remote Sensing Applications Center - USDA Forest Service.
- Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products.
- CAL FIRE - Incidents
- Features summaries and news for fire incidents in the state. Includes contacts and links to fire maps.
- The most effective way to protect yourself and your home from fire is to identify and remove fire hazards.
Related searchesinequality well-known inequalities
bush doctrine unilateralism
revelstoke british columbia economy
age of empires technology
bruce lee anime and manga
cthulhu mythos biographies morgan