A selection of articles related to five precepts.
Original articles from our library related to the Five Precepts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Five Precepts.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- What is the Five-fold Kiss?
- FIVE FOLD KISS FEMALE The High Priest kneels before the High Priestess and gives her the Five-Fold Kiss; that is, he kisses her on both feet, both knees, womb, both breasts, and the lips, starting with the right of each pair. He says, as he does this: "Bl...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 5:3 And Adam...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil...
New Testament >> Matthew
Five Precepts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Five Precepts books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Five Precepts by Frank Ostaseski Founder, Alaya Institute
- Five Precepts by Frank Ostaseski. Founder, Alaya Institute. A while back, I developed five precepts as companions on the journey of accompanying the dying.
- THE FIVE PRECEPTS
- The Five Precepts. Collected Essays by. Dr.
- Full Evening Chanting + 5 precepts REF.
- The Three Refuges and the Five Precepts.
- Requesting the Three Refuges and 5 Precepts
- y÷æcæma becomes y÷æcæmi. ** attha when taking eight precepts, pañca when taking five precepts.
- Refuges and Five Precepts
- The Three Refuges. Five Precepts and. Homage to the Triple Gem.
Suggested News Resources
- Teach your children to self-regulate
- Then I gave you five precepts that would assist your regulation, if you applied them consistently. As an in-charge, safe adult, you have the responsibility to be sure the children in your life have their needs met.
- 5 ways to build a happier family
- I'd like to share with you five precepts I guarantee will bring peace and happiness into your home: Keep your body and verbal language in sync. Talk about your needs and feelings, but always speak politely. Anger, whining, irritation, etc.
- The Niwano Peace Prize Goes to Sulak Sivaraksa
- Sulak extends the Buddhist Five Precepts into ethical guidelines that can forge a more sustainable, compassionate, and just global society. To refrain from killing today means an end to all modern forms of violence.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Five Precepts: pañca-sila
- The Five Precepts: 1. Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami: I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures. 2.
- The Five Precepts, The Eight and Ten Precepts
- The five, eight, and ten Buddhist Precepts explained.
- Leading a Buddhist Life - Five Precepts
- Five Precepts.
- The Five Precepts
- Observance of the five precepts constitutes the minimum moral obligation of a practicing lay Buddhist.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.