A selection of articles related to five senses.
Original articles from our library related to the Five Senses. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Five Senses.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- What is the Five-fold Kiss?
- FIVE FOLD KISS FEMALE The High Priest kneels before the High Priestess and gives her the Five-Fold Kiss; that is, he kisses her on both feet, both knees, womb, both breasts, and the lips, starting with the right of each pair. He says, as he does this: "Bl...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil...
New Testament >> Matthew
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
Five Senses is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Five Senses books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Indulge Your Five Senses with Five Maui Day Trips
- From the sandy shores of Mākena Beach to the cloud-capped peak of Mount Haleakalā, Maui is not only a great island to call home or come visit, but also a rich sensory experience. Here are five day trips to indulge your five senses around Maui… 1.
- A Multisensory Process: Fragrance Panel Discusses the Five Senses
- Sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account, or simply type your comment below as a guest by entering your email and name. Your email address will not be shared. Please note that WWD reserves the right to remove profane, distasteful or otherwise ...
- 94 Percent of Adults Will Lose at Least One of Five Senses, but Often More
- Most people, as they age, must come terms with the fact that they'll need to buy reading glasses or have become hard of hearing. However, most don't consider that all five senses—sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch—can be compromised by aging.
- The 5 Senses Of Investing
- Many investors have the tendency to concentrate heavily on just one or two of these senses and disregard the rest. The use of all five senses of investing provides for a better and more comprehensive decision-making process.
- More than 94 % old people lose at least one of five senses
- 13 percent rated their corrected hearing as 'fair;' 5 percent said it was 'poor.' Older age was linked to poorer function in all five senses; the largest differences were in hearing, vision, and smell.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.