A selection of articles related to flixborough disaster.
Original articles from our library related to the Flixborough Disaster. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Flixborough Disaster.
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- I can't believe I'm now starting on the Second Aett of the Elder Futhark. Time is indeed flying by! Looks like this is a highly auspicious, or at least a very fitting time for me to write this article! While Hagalaz literally means "hail" as in ice...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Berkano, the second rune in the third aett, is the rune for the sound of the letter “B.” In the Younger Futhark, it sometimes stood for the sound of “P” as well, since Perthro did not carry over into that Futhark. Its meaning is “birch tree.” The beautiful,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Flixborough Disaster is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Flixborough Disaster books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Flixborough Disaster: Police chief who was at scene of Nypro devastation dies
- Tributes have been paid to former Assistant Chief Constable of Humberside, Ronald Joyce, who led officers after the Nypro works explosion in 1974 which claimed 28 lives and injured 36 people. Sadly, the disaster dominated newspaper, TV and radio ...
- Fred Starr recalls the Flixborough disaster
- As the new year begins, I am reminded that the 40th anniversary of the Flixborough disaster, the biggest explosion at a UK chemical plant, is approaching.
- Flixborough disaster, 40 years on: Remembering devastating Nypro explosion
- Comments (3) Forty years ago on Sunday, the Nypro chemical plant at Flixborough, south of the Humber, exploded, killing 28 workers and wrecking property over a wide area.
- Lasting safety lessons as Flixborough is remembered
- Next Sunday (1 June 2014) will mark the 40th anniversary of the Flixborough disaster – the UK's worst ever mainland process plant explosion, which still influences chemical and process industry safety thinking today.
- Tianjin was a tragedy, not comeuppance
- Such was the New Scientist's view of the Flixborough disaster in 1974, when flammable hydrocarbons ignited at a chemical plant near Scunthorpe in the east of England, killing 28 people and seriously injuring 36.
Flixborough Disaster Topics
Related searchesphilosophy of education hannah arendt
attica ferry lines
grand mal seizure
harry s truman post-presidency