Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria
A selection of articles related to flora shaw naming of nigeria.
Original articles from our library related to the Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria.
- Goddess of plant life, especially flowers. Her festival was one noted for sexual extravagance, but She also has connections with the Dead....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Poppet Magick and an Example for Healing
- There are various forms and types of this magick, and listed below is a basic guide and some tips on how to enhance your poppet spell. Poppet magick is extremely powerful and should be used with care. Most people associate poppet magick with Voodoo and...
Spells >> Poppet Magick
- What do my dreams mean I can see the furture in my dreams?
- Prophetic Dreams in Ancient Times Dreams have fascinated man since the dawn of time, and many records have been found showing accounts of dreams and the role they played in ancient time. Many thought that dreams were a way to keep in close contact with the...
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lord Lugard's Magic And Flora Shaw's Spell, By Femi Fani-Kayode
- It was actually Lord Lugard's wife, Miss Flora Shaw, that proposed the name Nigeria for our country. This was done in an article that she wrote for the London Times on January 8th 1897.
- Nigeria Is Built On Satanic Foundation, Says Fani-Kayode
- He said both Lord Fredrick Lugard, who was the first Governor-General of Nigeria; and his wife, Flora Shaw (later Flora Lugard), who gave Nigeria its name, were worshippers of Satan.
- The greatest surprise about Nigeria at 100 is that it exists at all
- So diverse were local chieftaincies, fiefdoms and monarchies that it took the wife of a British governor-general to name the ensemble. In an 1897 letter Flora Shaw suggested one drawn from the mighty river — Nigeria.
- Full Story
- She has this to say on the naming of Nigeria: “I believe Flora Shaw felt perfectly capable of finding a name for Nigeria because she has been writing about the country for several years.
- Nigeria celebrates independence, England 'claim' Dele Alli
- The name 'Nigeria' was even coined by Flora Shaw, the future wife of Sir Frederick Lugard—a Governor-General of Nigeria between 1914 and 1919—in an essay for The Times in 1897. Shaw, incidentally, was born in Woolwich—the original home of Arsenal ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Flora Shaw Naming Of Nigeria Topics
termite fighting termites
francophobia criticisms of france
lima districts and neighborhoods