A selection of articles related to flu.
Original articles from our library related to the Flu. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Flu.
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Purple Coneflower (Echinacea Purpurea)
- Echinacea is a natural antibiotic and also an immune systen stimulator. If drinken in a tea it can ward off colds, flu, and infection. For magic, it can be used as an offering for the God and the Goddess to strengthen a spell or ritual....
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary P
- Feverfew (Tanacetium Parthenium)
- This herb is used for colds, flu, fevers, and digestive problems. Also is wonderful in relieving eadaches. Make a sachet of feverfew and carry it with you for protection against illness and preventing accidents....
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary F
- Catnip (Nepeta Cataria)
- Catnip is used in remedies for colds, flu, and fever. Use the large leaves for bookmarks in your Book of Shadows. It is also great for love spells and sachets. It is also said to create a psychic bond between you and your cat....
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Experiencing Reiki
- What Can Be Treated? Finding Reiki Practitioners What Can Be Treated? Reiki is both powerful and gentle. In its long history of use it has aided in healing virtually every known illness and injury including serious problems like: multiple sclerosis, heart...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Reiki, Questions & Answers
- Q. Where does Reiki energy come from? A. Reiki energy is a subtle energy. It is different than electricity or chemical energy or other kinds of physical energy. Reiki energy comes from the Higher Power, which exists on a higher dimension than the physical...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
- The source for this remedy is the wild indigo plant. The Northern American Indians discovered the anti-bacterial properties of this herb and they used it for paint. Baptisia is an acute remedy for cases of quickly arising infections and inflammations, leading...
Remedies >> Remedies B
Flu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Flu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Flu ENG.qxd:Layout 1
- Know the Difference. Seasonal Flu—A contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza (flu) viruses occurring every year.
- 22_The Flu.indd
- The flu can sometimes lead to other problems like pneumonia, ear and the flu?
Suggested News Resources
- Seasonal flu vaccine now available
- With flu season upon us, MHP Public Health will begin offering influenza vaccination walk-in clinics starting Thursday, Sept. 1.
- Genetic studies to explain the difference in susceptibility to the flu
- By University of Michigan, [RxPG] Why do some folks who take every precaution still get the flu, while others never even get the sniffles?
- 'Stealth Transmitters' of the Flu Activate Different Genes
- Whenever the flu hits the office, some people always seem to fall sick while others just a cubicle away sail through unharmed. Our genes may be why, a new study says.
- Tamiflu-Resistant Flu Outbreak Reported in Australia's Newcastle, WHO Says
- By Jason Gale - Fri Aug 26 01:25:48 GMT 2011 More than two dozen cases of H1N1 swine flu resistant to Roche Holding AG (ROG)'s Tamiflu pill were reported in Australia in the largest outbreak of the drug- evading influenza strain.
- Not Too Early To Think Flu Shots
- (WIBW) With an average 23000 flu-related deaths in the US every year, Stormont-Vail Pediatric Infectious Disease specialist Dr. JoAnn Harris says a flu vaccination is vital. Harris describes it as a "herd immunity.
Suggested Web Resources
- One-stop access to U.S. Government H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information.
- Influenza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Flu symptoms in birds are variable and can be unspecific.
- Flu - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment of Flu - NY Times Health
- Apr 26, 2011 The flu is an infection of the nose, throat, and lungs.
- Cold and Flu (Influenza) Center: Symptoms, Treatments, Causes
- How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.