A selection of articles related to focusing therapy.
Original articles from our library related to the Focusing Therapy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Focusing Therapy.
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What are the risks or dangers of hypnosis?
- The risks of using hypnosis for change are roughly the same as those for other forms of psychotherapy. Competently performed hypnosis in itself has virtually no risk or danger. Even incompetently performed hypnosis usually has only a very minimal risk....
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- What Makes Hypnosis Interesting?
- For researchers, hypnosis remains interesting because it is so resistant to comprehensive theoretical understanding, and because many of the basic hypnotic phenomena seem to challenge our understanding of how central neurological mechanisms are organized. For...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Focusing Therapy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Focusing Therapy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 FOCUSING THERAPY: Theory, Research, Practice, and Training
- For a more thorough introduction to how I practice Focusing Therapy, please see my family work, Focusing Therapy groups, and Focusing Support groups.
- 1 Experiential Focusing Therapy Dr. Kathy McGuire Creative Edge
- 1. Experiential Focusing Therapy. Dr.
- Focusing For Creative Living
- Focusing For Creative Living.
Suggested News Resources
- Let your teeth go to the dogs
- During the first 15minute intake appointment, a patient will work out what kind of therapy they would prefer - pet therapy, talk therapy, anxiety drug therapy, guided visualization or focusing therapy - before their visit to the dentist.
Suggested Web Resources
- International Association of Focusing Oriented Therapists IAFOTs
- Focusing Oriented Therapy and Gendlin's philosophy of the implicit for psychotherapists counsellors counselors psychologists using Focusing in their practice.
- Focusing Therapy
- Nov 11, 2003 Focusing Therapy is a form of client-centered therapy, is part of the person- centered approach.
- The Focusing Institute
- Focusing is direct access to a bodily knowing.
- Focusing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Focusing happens in other domains besides therapy.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.