A selection of articles related to folk art.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Folk Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Art books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Folk Art Relics from the Golden Age of America's Secret Societies
- A strange visual language developed from the 18th to the 20th century behind the closed doors of American secret societies. It's a languae made up of all-seeing eyes, ominous skulls, hourglasses, arrows, axes, and curious hands holding hearts. Each of ...
- Traylor Tops Folk Art Auction
- “You don't have to go to New York or Baltimore to find top-notch folk art.
- 'Playing Chicken: The Rooster in Kentucky Folk Art' opens March 4
- Morehead State University's Kentucky Folk Art Center has announced its upcoming exhibition, “Playing Chicken: The Rooster in Kentucky Folk Art.” Drawn from the museum's permanent collection, the exhibition presents more than 60 rooster-themed works by ...
- Native beadwork is focus of new Castellani folk art exhibit
- LEWISTON – The Castellani Art Museum is hosting an opening reception for its new folk arts exhibit on native beadwork from 2 to 4 p.m. March 6.
- Craft & Folk Art Museum weaves 'Little Dreams in Glass and Metal'
- Enamels have not been a major Western art form for centuries. But in the Middle Ages and even into the early Renaissance, fusing a vitreous colored glaze to a metal surface under intense heat was a durable method for decorative embellishment of cups, ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Folk Art Topics
Related searchesdelict south africa
coaxial cable important parameters
table tennis physics of table tennis
history of astronomy middle ages