A selection of articles related to folk art.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part II
- II;1. Nu! the hiding of Hadit. II;2. Come! all ye, and learn the secret that hath not yet been revealed. I, Hadit, am the complement of Nu, my bride. I am not extended, and Khabs is the name of my House. II;3. In the sphere I am everywhere the centre,...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Folk Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mexican Folk Art
- Mexican Folk Art. Written and Designed by Nicole Mullen. Based in part by the exhibition Tesoros Escondidos: Hidden Treasures from the Mexican.
- Mexican Folk Art
- Folk art is the art of the common people.
- Urban Folk Art
- Urban Folk Art. 15045 Dixie Hwy/ Ste. A, Holly MI 48442 ph: (248) 634-4158 * fx: (248) 634-3718 contact@urbanfolkartshows.
- Folk Art Scholarship Application
- Folk Art. Scholarship Program. The West Virginia.
Suggested News Resources
- Options Dim for Museum of Folk Art
- A cotton quilt with Grover Cleveland's likeness, from 1884-90, was one of the treasures on display at an American Folk Art Museum exhibition in May.
- Ninth annual Jug Band Festival features new venue, folk art
- 27, and has been moved to the grounds of the historic Sutter Creek Inn, in downtown Sutter Creek, with the added attraction of an American Folk Art and Crafts Fair.
- Spring Fine Art And Folk Art Auction
- A feature of the Folk Art offerings will be an early and rare carousel lion in the manner of Charles Looff. For more details on all items, look for the online catalog which will be available on July 25th.
- An uncertain future for American Folk Art Museum
- American Folk Art Museum, New York, gift of Cyril Irwin Nelson in loving memory of his grandparents John Williams and Sophie Anna Macy, 1984.33.1.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folk art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Folk art encompasses art produced from an indigenous culture or by peasants or other laboring tradespeople.
- American Folk Art Museum
- Collection and exhibitions in New York City featuring 18th- and 19th-century paintings, quilts, sculptures, and the work of contemporary self-taught artists.
- FolkArt.com™ Home Page
- An online museum featuring world class art made by indigenous and creative people.
- FolkArt Craft Brand by Plaid Enterprises
- Delight in an expansive color palette and explore new painting techniques with FolkArt® premium acrylic paints.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Folk Art Topics
scorpion cultural symbolism
list of trade blocs
airbus a300 technology
dirty dancing plot summary
japa mala materials