A selection of articles related to folk mathematics.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Mathematics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Mathematics.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Folk Mathematics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Mathematics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ADULTS LEARNING MATHS NEWSLETTER
- NEWSLETTER. In this issue. ◆ Parents as Adult Learners of Mathematics.
- The solution of the - Mathematics and Statistics, University of Victoria
- how to speak of the structure of wnoes when all disperses and there's nothing ﬁxed to tell? —Philip Holmes, Background Noise. Folk-Mathematics.
- 1 1. Introduction It is convenient to teach mathematics using out-of
- understanding the cabinetmakers' everyday uses of mathematics. Maier (1980) identifies it as folk mathematics.
- Sep 1, 2005 years: folk mathematics and folk psychology.
- Name of Teaching Staff : Dr Narayan Chandra Ghosh Designation
- Field : Fluid Mechanics , Folk Mathematics. University : Kalyani. PhDs / Projects Guided.
Suggested News Resources
- Alex's Adventures in Numberland by Alex Bellos – review
- For these folk, mathematics is a proud human endeavour more profound than science and more creative than art. For people like Bellos, mathematics is beautiful.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folk Math - IAE-Pedia
- Apr 9, 2010 This page contains a 1976 article on Folk Math written by Gene Maier. It also contains an email letter from Gene Maier written in April 2008.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Folk Mathematics Topics
Related searchestoyota celica racing
young adult psychology age 30 crisis
zulu language phrases
reflexology alleged long-term effects
sodium carbonate production
john von neumann computer science