A selection of articles related to folk medicine.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Medicine. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Medicine.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Folk Medicine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Medicine books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Scottish Folk Medicine
- Scottish Folk Medicine. First people.
- EARLY KENTUCKY FOLKLIFE: Folk Medicine
- Folk medicine is all traditional beliefs about health and sickness.
- MEXICAN FOLK MEDICINE AND FOLK BELIEFS
- MEXICAN FOLK. MEDICINE AND FOLK. BELIEFS.
- Health, Healing and Folk Remedies: Cultural Competency for Health
- approaches to diagnosing and treating disease, also referred to as folk medicine or ethnomedical remedies.
- Timothy D. Walker: Doctors, Folk Medicine and the Inquisition. The
- Timothy D. Walker: Doctors, Folk Medicine and the Inquisition. The.
Suggested News Resources
- African Abortion Herbs May Save Lives
- Black cohosh is known under a variety of names in folk medicine such as black snakeroot, rattleroot, rattleweed, bugbane, bugwort and squawroot. Black cohosh is a member of the buttercup family.
- Natural remedies: Boulder's alternatives to modern medicine
- Mugwort/Moxa: A Eurasian perennial herb that is naturalized in North America and has aromatic leaves used in folk medicine and to flavor beverages.
- Traditional Uses of Allspice
- While in Jamaican folk medicine, allspice is supposedly made into a tea, which Jamaicans use for colds, menstrual cramps, and stomach complaints. Cubans have used the tea as a depurative, stimulant, and tonic.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folk Medicine
- Referenced article by a home healthcare nurse from West Virginia about the history of folk medicine and practices still in use.
- E A R T H . C L I N I C - Folk Remedies and Holistic Cures
- Folk Remedies Archive -- extensive Natural Cures and Healing database.
- Folk Medicine
- Includes searchable database by keyword, usage, condition, belief, date, region or ethnicity of origin.
- Amazon.com: Folk Medicine (9780345471741): D.C. Jarvis M.D.
- "A fascinating book by a distinguished Vermont physician.
Folk Medicine Topics
Related searchesrobindronath hakur
veda and dreams