A selection of articles related to folk names.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Names. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Names.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons. 28:2 And thou shalt make...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Folk Names is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Names books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- First names revealed for 2016 Cambridge Folk Festival
- The first names have been revealed for this year's Cambridge Folk Festival, one of the longest established and most prestigious folk festivals in the world. Tickets are now on sale. For sheer class and integrity, it can't be beaten.
- Folk festival society names new general manager
- Michelle Demers-Shaevitz is the new general manager of the Mission Folk Music Festival Society. — image credit: Submitted Photo. The Mission Folk Music Festival Society has announced the appointment of Michelle Demers-Shaevitz as general manager.
- Climate kids take on the feds
- The suit names a lot of old people and institutions as defendants. There's President Obama, several federal agencies, including the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, and the heads of some of those agencies. The complaint is ...
- The alternative city guide to Pretoria, South Africa
- It's awkward. A city stuck between one disturbing past, two names, and several diverse and conflicting identities. It's the city named after an Afrikaner folk hero and founded on the principle that God had granted the land to the Boers.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Folk Names Topics
Related searchesindonesian language history
prince rogers nelson
tesla band albums
psychoanalysis the structural model
dental brace the procedure