A selection of articles related to folk names.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk Names. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk Names.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons. 28:2 And thou shalt make...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Folk Names is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk Names books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Swann's 'A Dictionary of English and Folk-names of British Birds.'
- Swann's 'A Dictionary of English and Folk-Names of British. Birds.
- "The Naming of Names" in Indian Folk Belief
- "The Naming of Names" in Indian. Folk Belief.
- NAMES IN ESTONIAN FOLK ASTRONOMY – FROM 'BIRD'S WAY
- NAMES IN ESTONIAN FOLK. ASTRONOMY – FROM 'BIRD'S WAY' TO. 'MILKY WAY'.
- Place names describing fossils in oral traditions
- Traditional place names can reveal heretofore unknown geomyths as well as new geologically-important sites.
Suggested News Resources
- Starshot, snot and algae that look like dog droppings
- Starshot, snot, slime, slough, slubber, slutch: folk names have multiplied over the centuries. Something out of the sky, anyway, puzzling people since the 1400s and probably long before.
Suggested Web Resources
- HERBAL CROSS REFERENCE - COMMON NAME, BOTANICAL
- Common Name ~ Botanical Name ~ Folk Names .
- Faire Names for English Folk
- Faire Names for English Folk: Late Sixteenth Century English Names. by Chris Laning (SCA: Christian de Holacombe, claning@igc.
- FOLK NAME | Encyclopedia of First Names | Baby Names| Funny
- FOLK NAME | Encyclopedia of First Names | Baby Names| Funny Names.
- Folk names - Folk baby names
- Folk names. Folk baby names for boys. Names that mean folk.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Folk Names Topics
Related searcheslord westmorland
japanese crane mythology
nair origins and history
heart-shaped box meaning
drona birth and early life
dream symbol feminine symbol