A selection of articles related to folk.
Original articles from our library related to the Folk. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folk.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Folk is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folk books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mexican Folk Art
- Mexican Folk Art. Written and Designed by Nicole Mullen. Based in part by the exhibition Tesoros Escondidos: Hidden Treasures from the Mexican.
- The folk psychology of souls
- The folk psychology of souls. Jesse M. Bering.
- The Yiddish Folk Song
- The Yiddish folk song was sung and disseminated by the. Jews primarily of Eastern Europe.
- The MIT Folk Dance Club Songbook Argentina Armenia Assyrian
- The MIT Folk Dance Club Songbook. Argentina. Viva Jujuy (Bailecito) .
Suggested News Resources
- Ms. Cheap: Celebrate 'musical soul' of America at National Folk Festival
- The biggest deal of this week is the National Folk Festival Friday through Sunday at the Bicentennial Capital Mall in downtown Nashville.
- Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park upcoming events
- WHITE SPRINGS – The Florida Department of Environmental Protection's Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park and Shands of Live Oak will host Come to the River Healing Arts Festival. Visitors will learn ways to become and stay healthy.
- Longhouse folk transform land into plantation
- FUTURE ENTREPRENEURS: Folk of Rumah Akur with Tiong (seated ninth from left) before the commencement of the traditional 'miring' ceremony. Chieftain Akur is on the right of Tiong.
- First time's the charm
- By Lynn Saxberg, Ottawa Citizen August 29, 2011 2:08 AM As the first folk festival organized by the Bluesfest team wrapped up Sunday, almost everyone was calling it a success.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folk music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Folk music is an English term encompassing both traditional folk music and contemporary folk music. The term originated in the 19th century.
- Folk Clothing | Our Legacy | Hillside | Acne | Ally Capellino
- The official home of Folk clothing, casual menswear, womenswear and footwear from our two stores in Lambs Conduit Street in London. Buy online here.
- Folk Music Home Page
- Categorised index of folk-related links, including artists, concerts, albums, organizations and related resources.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchespran mudra
hinduism sacred sites