A selection of articles related to folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Folklore from Adams County Illinois
- Folklore from Adams County Illinois. (3rd Edition, 2002, from 1935 and 1965 Editions). By Harry Middleton Hyatt.
- Living Folklore.indd
- Living folklore : an introduction to the study of people and their traditions / Martha C. Sims, Defining folklore beyond genre labels: texts and contexts.
- PROTECTING FOLKLORE UNDER MODERN INTELLECTUAL
- A. Provisions That Do Not Reference Folklore . Problems with protecting folklore under general intellectual C.
Suggested News Resources
- American Folklore Theatre: Memories flow as season comes to a close
- We're down to the final few days of the summer season at American Folklore Theatre, and it's been a jim-dandy. After a slow start, things picked up speed. We recently had the biggest week in our 21-year history — over 4000 people.
- Fall Foliage, Festivals and Folklore in the Great Northern Catskills
- By Greene County GREENE COUNTY, NY, Aug. 24, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- The Great Northern Catskills are celebrating the fall season with several fun festivals, fairs and autumn events for families and friends of all ages!
- Stetson Kennedy dies
- Having already published "Palmetto Country," an acclaimed book on Florida folklore, in 1942, Mr. Kennedy followed that with "Southern Exposure" in 1946, a book about Southern hate groups.
- Hospital trying to make Kennedy comfortable
- Kennedy was one of the pioneer folklore collectors during the first half of the twentieth century.
- Alam Lohar a trendsetter in folklore
- GUJRAT - Muhammad Alam Lohar was a prominent Punjabi folk music singer of Pakistan. He died in 1979 in an accident. He is also credited with popularising the term and song Jugni.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folktexts: A library of folktales, folklore, fairy tales, and mythology
- Vast collection of folktales, myths, legends, and texts pertaining to folklore, arranged by title and theme, with a focus on northern and western Europe.
- Folklore.org: Macintosh Stories
- Anecdotes about the development of Apple's original Macintosh computer and the people who created it.
- Folklore Argentine Grill - Wicker Park - Chicago, IL
- 214 Reviews of Folklore Argentine Grill "After having visited Argentina I need my steak fix now and then.
Related searchesabram ioffe biography
the last house on the left history
meaning of clairvoyance
list of seaports east china sea