Former French Colonies
A selection of articles related to former french colonies.
Original articles from our library related to the Former French Colonies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Former French Colonies.
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Former French Colonies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Former French Colonies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Colonial Style and Post-Colonial Ethnic Conflict in Africa*
- the Minorities at Risk III dataset, we first compare the ethnic struggles faced across former British and. French colonies.
- Avenging History in the Former French Colonies
- 18. Transition 99. Avenging History in the Former.
- Dimensions of West-African immigration to France: the example of
- Stichproben. 222 and 1965 for citizens of the former French colonies neither residence nor work permit was required by France.
- Does Colonial Origin Really Matter for Economic Growth in sub
- faster than former French colonies although much controversy still surrounds the likely mechanisms of transmission of any such colonial legacy.
- The Effect of Religion on Economic Development: A Cross National
- In a pooled sample of 63 ex-colonial states, I find that the former.
Suggested News Resources
- Leave it to the French to drive Citroën 2CV-based jeeps across the Sahara
- It was made in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, and also under other names in various former French colonies: the Dalat, the Mehari, the Yagán and the Pony are also Baby-Brousses. 31000 were built in Abidjan between 1963 and 1987.
- Too, Too, Too Soon: When Playing Dress-Up Pushes The Limits
- Or children armed with AK-47s in former French colonies now struggling with their own revolutions? Child brides are no less tragic than child soldiers, and glamorizing either is wrong.
- Many of Africa's former French colonies brought in multi-party democracy only when forced to by the French—in return for more aid—in June 1990.
Suggested Web Resources
- Template:Former French colonies in Africa and the Indian Ocean
- Template:Former French colonies in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
- Former French Colonies | France | Country Profiles
- Former French Colonies.
- History3 ; French history ; French colonies
- In the early 1960s, almost all former French colonies had become independent countries.
- Former French Colonies - French - Research Guides at University of
- Jul 20, 2011 This is the "Former French Colonies" page of the "French" guide.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.