A selection of articles related to former yugoslavia.
Original articles from our library related to the Former Yugoslavia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Former Yugoslavia.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 10:2 For then would they not have ceased...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Former Yugoslavia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Former Yugoslavia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- United Nations Arms Embargoes
- 20. Table 1. Summary of possible/suspected sources and secondary support for.
- European Observatory The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- I. The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Health Care Systems in Transition.
- UPDATED STATUTE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL
- Former Yugoslavia since 1991. Date: September OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL TRIBUNAL FOR THE FORMER YUGOSLAVIA.
- The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- committed in the territory of the former Yugoslavia on or after. January, 1991. 2001] International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia.
Suggested News Resources
- The hunt for the former Yugoslavia's war criminals: mission accomplished
- Until last month, Goran Hadžíc, once leader of Croatia's Serb minority, was the last free man on the list of 161 people indicted for war crimes in the former Yugoslavia.
- Mladic: 2 pre-trial plans?
- Former Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic has been given six days to respond to a prosecution request to split his case into two separate trials, by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- Genocide detainee Mladic undergoes surgery: lawyer
- Former Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladic appears in court at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in the Hague July 4, 2011.
- It's only a matter of time before Libya welcomes tourists
- Trouble-spots that have become thriving holiday-spots include the likes of Grenada in the Caribbean, the former Yugoslavia, Israel and Egypt.
- Direct democracy is not just Swiss, it's also Slovenian
- In 1990 the Slovenian population voted overwhelmingly for independence from the former Yugoslavia, with a declaration of sovereignty the following year, making this year the 20th anniversary of its formal independence.
Suggested Web Resources
- Timeline: The Former Yugoslavia
- This new government, however, is not recognized by the United States as the successor state to the former Yugoslavia. 1995, November.
- Yugoslavia (Former) : Country Studies - Federal Research Division
- Country profile provides information about its historical setting, society and environment, economy, government and politics, and national security.