A selection of articles related to fort christina.
Original articles from our library related to the Fort Christina. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Fort Christina.
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
Fort Christina is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fort Christina books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Swedish Colonial News
- Among the passengers arriving at Fort Christina on the.
- working copy (new_final)
- on 17th century clothing! PLACES TO SEE! 13 Fort Christina Park/Milles Monument.
- BIG CITY ATTRACTIONS
- the Christina River at what is now called “The Rocks,” and settlers built. Fort Christina. When the Dutch took over in 1655, the fort became Fort Athena.
- Delaware Swedish Colonial Society T H E D E L A W A R E S W E D
- Carl Milles Monument at Fort Christina. Delaware. Swedish.
- Copyright Delaware Swedish Colonial Society Used by NC-CHAP
- now in Fort Christina State Park, Wilmington,. Delaware; and to collect, .. The ships arrived at "The Rocks" (site of Fort Christina.
Suggested News Resources
- Two missing after walking in hurricane
- Wilmington Police Master Cpl. Vincent DiSabatino, while blocking entry to a flooded roadway north of Fort Christina State Park, had no concerns that officials had been too cautious. "I think we got lucky a little bit.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fort Christina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fort Christina (later renamed Fort Altena) was the first Swedish settlement in North America and the principal settlement of the New Sweden colony.
- Delaware River Section - Fort Christina
- Fort Christina.
- Delaware Parks - Camping, Beach Camping, Hiking, Sports, & Golf
- Experience the fun things to do outdoors in Delaware! Explore hiking, camping, parks, recreation areas and more from the official website, Visit Delaware.
- Maud Dickson - FORT CHRISTINA
- Fort Christina Park: Svenskarna landsteg nära Wilmington år 1638 och efter mark förhandlingar med de bofasta Lenni Lenape indianerna byggde de ett fort.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Fort Christina Topics
Related searchesdental caries treatment
w g grace records and statistics
burping social context and etiquette
cdiz province economy