Four Passing Sights
A selection of articles related to four passing sights.
Original articles from our library related to the Four Passing Sights. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Four Passing Sights.
- Journey to the Four Directions
- East, West, South, North In sacred space I ask you forth Bring your power and your grace Live within this sacred space -author unknown To the East, where the Sun rises, where inspiration and originality are born, please join us so that we may get to know and...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Enochian Temples: The Lower Temple
- The previous sections dealt with the Temple primarily in its relation to the macrocosmic world. The Servient squares were considered only in their formation as the floor, and were largely ignored otherwise. But they can also be grouped to form altars of the...
Magick >> Enochian
- Enochian Temples
- Constructing Enochian Temples During the six months beginning November, 1985, I was involved in an extended exploration of the Enochian Tablet of Earth. There was no purpose to the work other than tourism - I merely wanted to see what was there and record it...
Magick >> Enochian
- The Four Symbols of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- " It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Immanuel Kant According to many traditional teachers the Reiki symbols are sacred and therefore secret and should only be seen by insiders, meaning...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Working with the elements
- Four is the number of the physical universe. Both the square and the cross are symbols of material life in the three-dimensional world. The horizontal line of the cross symbolizes time, and the vertical one depicts space. The corners of the square and the...
Magick >> The Elements
- The Four Grieving Queens
- These are the Ladies who attended Arthur after his final battle, when he lay mortally wounded, and they are the ones who carried him off to Avalon. Two are mentioned below, Morgan Le Fay as chief amongst them, and Nimue, a Lady of the Lake. The other two are...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 2
- When thoughts are replaced by silence in the mind, perception arises. It is a part of the modern condition wherein the mind of humanity is constantly overwhelmed, by a million considerations and thoughts. In acquiring silence, the mind is enabled to get out...
Mind >> World Mind
Four Passing Sights is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Four Passing Sights books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “Buddhism I: The Man Who Became a God” A sermon by Rev. Brian
- Jan 17, 2011 The Four Passing Sights transformed the young prince.
- World Religions Buddhism (and Siddhartha) Reflection DUE: In this
- The Four Passing Sights: What has been your experience of and with the Four Passing. Sights—decrepit old man, diseased man, corpse and religious ascetic?
- Evangelizing Buddhists through the Cross
- 4 The insights the Buddha made upon suffering were sparked by what is common- ly called in Buddhist folk tradition the “four passing sights.” As the.
- Tourist Information Handbook on Northern Thailand
- Apr 13, 2011 Modern historians and scholars view these “four passing sights” as a way to impute supra mundane happenings to mundane events.
Suggested News Resources
- LIFE OF BUDDHA
- He saw the "Four Passing Sights": an old crippled man, a sick man, a dead man, and a holy man with no home. Right then, Gautama knew that nothing can stop people from being born, becoming old, getting sick, and dying.
Suggested Web Resources
- Four sights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The four sights were specific observations made by Prince Siddhārtha (who later became Gautama Buddha), which led to a realization.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.