A selection of articles related to four virtues.
Original articles from our library related to the Four Virtues. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Four Virtues.
- Journey to the Four Directions
- East, West, South, North In sacred space I ask you forth Bring your power and your grace Live within this sacred space -author unknown To the East, where the Sun rises, where inspiration and originality are born, please join us so that we may get to know and...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Enochian Temples: The Lower Temple
- The previous sections dealt with the Temple primarily in its relation to the macrocosmic world. The Servient squares were considered only in their formation as the floor, and were largely ignored otherwise. But they can also be grouped to form altars of the...
Magick >> Enochian
- Enochian Temples
- Constructing Enochian Temples During the six months beginning November, 1985, I was involved in an extended exploration of the Enochian Tablet of Earth. There was no purpose to the work other than tourism - I merely wanted to see what was there and record it...
Magick >> Enochian
- The Four Symbols of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- " It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Immanuel Kant According to many traditional teachers the Reiki symbols are sacred and therefore secret and should only be seen by insiders, meaning...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Working with the elements
- Four is the number of the physical universe. Both the square and the cross are symbols of material life in the three-dimensional world. The horizontal line of the cross symbolizes time, and the vertical one depicts space. The corners of the square and the...
Magick >> The Elements
- The Four Grieving Queens
- These are the Ladies who attended Arthur after his final battle, when he lay mortally wounded, and they are the ones who carried him off to Avalon. Two are mentioned below, Morgan Le Fay as chief amongst them, and Nimue, a Lady of the Lake. The other two are...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 2
- When thoughts are replaced by silence in the mind, perception arises. It is a part of the modern condition wherein the mind of humanity is constantly overwhelmed, by a million considerations and thoughts. In acquiring silence, the mind is enabled to get out...
Mind >> World Mind
Four Virtues is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Four Virtues books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Luke E. Hart Series - Part 3, Section 4: Virtues and Vices
- VIRTUES AND VICES. PART THREE•SECTION FOUR OF. CATHOLIC CHRISTIANITY.
- Plato #5 Republic 4 Virtues Classes in the city Parts of the soul The
- these virtues (wisdom, courage, moderation, and justice) is found in the city in order to see where it is found in the soul.
- Primary Source Document with Questions (DBQs) “ESSENTIALS OF
- By Chiang Kai‑shek.
- Understanding Confucianism
- Four Virtues. ∎ Confucius emphasized on Ren; Mencius also agreed with Confucius. In addition to Ren,.
- Richmond Retreat Divine Mysteries: The Four Cardinal Virtues
- Divine Mysteries: The Four Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance.
Suggested News Resources
- What Good Is Education without the Classical Liberal Tradition?
- Likewise, Socrates's music and gymnastic education hoped to achieve the four virtues of wisdom, moderation, justice, and courage by attaining a similar "harmony" of the soul. We owe much to the classical understanding of virtue.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cardinal virtues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- For these four virtues (would that all felt their influence in their minds as they have their names in their mouths!
- What Are the Cardinal Virtues? - What Are the Four Cardinal Virtues?
- The cardinal virtues are the four primary moral virtues. All other virtues hinge upon these four virtues.
- What are the Four Cardinal Virtues? - Fallible Blogma
- Jul 17, 2009 What are they? Why are they “cardinal”? Where do they come from?
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Cardinal Virtues
- The four principal virtues upon which the rest of the moral virtues turn or are in a system the four virtues adopted later, with modifications by St. Thomas.