- Gearing-Edge: James Teit — An early advocate for First Nations rights
- Franz Boas was a German-American anthropologist who was in British Columbia on a field trip. Now fluent in the Thompson language, Teit proved his worth to Boas by explaining to the First Nations in the area that Boas wanted to interview them.
- Gladden Lecture by Rafael Ocasio
- Rafael Ocasio, Charles A. Dana Professor of Spanish at Agnes Scott College, is a Latin Americanist and a specialist in revolutionary and counter revolutionary Cuban literature. His Gladden Lecture is titled “Franz Boas in Porto Rico: Retention and ...
- Our National Scripture
- Traditional notions of man had been challenged, particularly by social scientists like Franz Boas and John Dewey, whose relativism was at odds with the traditional notion of a universal human nature.
- EU Brexit could have big consequences for a Premier League full of foreign talent
- It was a mildly surprising result – eight of the players called upon by The Six appeared in the following year's World Cup final, including Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller and Johan Neeskens, but was swiftly forgotten.
- Without context, look back at 'father of anthropology' Franz Boas comes up short
- Franz Boas is widely hailed as the “Father of American Anthropology.” An immigrant from Germany who first arrived on these shores in the 1880s, he rejected the prevailing belief among Western students of human cultures that there was an evolutionary ...
Franz Boas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Franz Boas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Franz Boas Topics
province of maryland
rolls gracie cousin
mouth ulcer prevention