French Art Vocabulary
A selection of articles related to french art vocabulary.
Original articles from our library related to the French Art Vocabulary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on French Art Vocabulary.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
French Art Vocabulary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, French Art Vocabulary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Matmos finds music in aural mosaics, plays Providence this week
- They are an intriguing blend of conceptual artist and electronic musicians — inspired by the post-World War II French technique “musique concrete,” which creates aural mosaics from a variety of common and biological sounds.
- Book review: In Other Words, Jhumpa Lahiri's chronicle of learning Italian, is
- "Beckett said that writing in French allowed him to write without style," Lahiri notes in one chapter, and she agrees, to a point. But "the problem isn't the ...
- The Life Of Forgotten Feminist Artist Ana Mendieta, As Told By Her Sister
- They'd studied it in school, but their vocabulary was limited. "We could say 'this is a boy, this is a girl, this is a pencil,'" ... Ana began college as a French major and art minor but soon switched them around.
French Art Vocabulary Topics
interpretation of dreams death
marquess forms of address