A selection of articles related to frost fair.
Original articles from our library related to the Frost Fair. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Frost Fair.
- Cliona of the Fair Hair
- Irish. South Munster Goddess of great beauty, daughter of Gebann the Druid, of the Tuatha De Danaan. Connected with the O'Keefe family....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- In Praise of Pumpkins
- I have always had a fascination with pumpkins. As a child I enjoyed Christmas and Thanksgiving and all the other holidays we surround our year with, but Halloween was special. Halloween spoke of ghosts, ghouls, witches and all the primal fears that children...
Holidays >> Samhain
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
Frost Fair is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Frost Fair books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- John Johnson Collection
- Sorted by date of publication. Frost Fairs 1684/5. 1684, 1804, 1825, 1855, n.
- Greater Helsinki Vision 2050: Detailed proposal Katanajokka
- struts of the non-suspended section. In winter, the ice sheet forms a zone for an annual frost fair of ice-skating, ice-hockey, a sculpture field, and ice- speedway.
- Christmas at Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Theatre Tour
- Nov 22, 2010 From 11 December the exhibition will also host The Frost Fair, a temporary exhibition telling the history of traditional London Frost Fairs.
- OVER A REd-hOt StOVE
- 15. Ivan Day. Chapter 1.
Suggested News Resources
- Temperatures Friday make fairgoers hot for concessions
- Andy Frost, fair board member and Austintown fire chief, said the most important thing fairgoers can do on a hot, sunny day is hydrate. “People tend to dehydrate in this weather,” he said.
Suggested Web Resources
- River Thames frost fairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- River Thames frost fairs were held on the Tideway of the River Thames at London between the 15th and 19th centuries when the river froze over.
- The Last Frost Fair on the Thames River « Jane Austen's World
- Jan 16, 2009 The first recorded Frost Fair was in 1608, and it seems to have been a relatively small affair.
- Frost Fair Handmade Felt
- Glorious hand made in a myriad of colours and design displayed in scarves, bags, wallhangings and even jewellery - classes available as well as finished items.