- Lightning Reshapes Rocks at the Atomic Level, Penn Study Finds
- Fulgurites can also form when lightning strikes other materials, including rock and soil. The current study examined a rock fulgurite found near Les Pradals, France. Gieré and colleagues took samples from the rock, then cut thin sections and polished them.
- Fulgurites: When lightning strikes sand, magic is formed
- fulgurite What are fulgurites? The word – based on the Latin world for thunderbolt – refers to a hollow glass tube formed when lightning strikes soil, silica, sand or even rock.
- Making "petrified lightning" at home
- I started searching for fulgurites this morning after being reminded of a hoax image that went around last year. It purported to show a massive fulgurite on a beach but was, instead, a stick covered in wet sand.
- Lightning Can Warp Rocks at Their Core
- When this happens, the lightning-zapped rock becomes covered in natural glasses called fulgurites. In the new study, the researchers took a microscopic look at the quartz fulgurites and found "shock lamellae" — a thin layer of warped quartz crystals ...
Fulgurite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Fulgurite books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchestheosophy basic theosophical beliefs
linezolid adverse effects
calvin coolidge primary source
the crying of lot 49