A selection of articles related to galangal.
Original articles from our library related to the Galangal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Galangal.
- Galangal: Correspondences
- Alpina officinalis or A. galanga Folk Names: Chewing John, China Root, Colic Root, East India Catarrh Root, Galingal, Galingale, Gargaut, India Root, Kaempferia Galanga, Low John the Conqueror, Rhizoma Galangae Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
Galangal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Galangal books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- member of the ginger family called galanga or galangal.
- GALANGAL. APPETIZERS. Galangal Appetizer for Two $20.
- You are viewing one of thousands of biographies – click below for
- GREATER GALANGAL is a perennial. Native to south-eastern Asia (including tropical.
- Effect of the volatile oil from Alpinia galangal on histopathology and
- Mar 9, 2011 galangal which extracted from rhizomes has similar biological activity.
- Soups and Salads Tom Gai Coconut Chicken Soup Corn Galangal
- Corn Galangal, and Kaffir Lime Leaves. Wedge Salad. Iceberg lettuce Blue Cheese.
Suggested News Resources
- Vietnamese cooking primer
- The chef explained how to season food with ginger and galangal, a pungent rhizome that looks like fat ginger but has a different taste. We sampled some galangal plain to appreciate its powerful menthol-like flavor.
- Salmon: the chameleon of the sea
- As it turns out, salmon is as equally at home with garam masala and galangal as it is with Hollandaise and asparagus. And here's the kicker: Salmon can transcend cultural boundaries and swim its way through a heap of spice.
- Bowled over by Chaat Masala
- My wife's favourite food is Indian, so I've become quite a gourmand of healthy tasty Indian food. I cook with a lot of curd and spices. I really enjoy spicy food and we have natural healthy products that I grow in my backyard.
- What's simmering?
- Rich: Although there are variations, all rendang dishes are generally made with the same basic ingredients — toasted grated coconut, galangal, lemon grass, shallots, coconut milk, dried chilli and spices.
- Chef Bill Granger's favourite Asian recipes
- If you're a foodie you would buy Chinese black vinegar and galangal – but it gets a bit silly. I use balsamic vinegar and ginger instead.
Suggested Web Resources
- Greater galangal is native to Java. It is widely used in Indonesia and Malaysia as a food flavouring and spice.
- Galangal, The Galangal Root Is Not The Same As Ginger
- Galangal is another popular ingredient in Thai food. Galangal like ginger, grows underground.
- Galangal Fresh 14 Oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
- This spice is popular in Asiatic cooking and was well known in European medieval cooking.
- Spices at Penzeys Spices Galangal
- A close relative of ginger, galangal is an important and popular ingredient in the foods of Indonesia and Southeast Asia, especially in Thailand.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbattle of muret
furman university notable alumni
airbus a340 hull loss accidents