A selection of articles related to galangal.
Original articles from our library related to the Galangal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Galangal.
- Galangal: Correspondences
- Alpina officinalis or A. galanga Folk Names: Chewing John, China Root, Colic Root, East India Catarrh Root, Galingal, Galingale, Gargaut, India Root, Kaempferia Galanga, Low John the Conqueror, Rhizoma Galangae Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
Galangal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Galangal books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ask Eric: Ginger versus galangal in Thai cuisine
- She says galangal has a cooling, woodsy fragrance that's reminiscent of a lush pine forest after a rain. While many know the spicy, slightly sweet, peppery taste of fresh ginger, galangal tends to taste more like pepper than ginger.
- Coconut Galangal Broth
- Description: "This creamy broth packs a punch, and the first time I made it, I did a happy dance in my kitchen," writes Elina Fuhrman in "Soupelina's Soup Cleanse." "It also felt like a happy dance in my mouth.
- Tucked Away: Thai Bar-B-Que
- In a city already thoroughly drenched in coconut milk and galangal, what could make Thai Bar-B-Que (3417 W. National Ave., 414-647-0812) special?
- Kedai Makan Brings the Flavors of Malaysia to Capitol Hill
- One sip of my dining companion's Old Fashioned Healing cocktail—made from Benedictine, bitters, and Evan Williams bourbon infused with ginseng, turmeric, galangal, lemongrass, and something called radix astragali—threatened to wreck my palate for the ...
- Thai red curry paste earns its spot in the kitchen
- But Thai red curry paste is one of those jarred blends that more than earns its place in my kitchen.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.