Gamelan Degung Instruments
A selection of articles related to gamelan degung instruments.
Original articles from our library related to the Gamelan Degung Instruments. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gamelan Degung Instruments.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 4:2 Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers, 4:3 From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Gamelan Degung Instruments is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gamelan Degung Instruments books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Guide to Sundanese Music
- Tuning, scales and notation in gamelan pelog. 6. 1.
- G U I D E T O S U N D A N E S E M U S I C
- S8. Tuning and notation. Tuning scales and.
- About the SOU Gamelan
- instruments, it also includes a set of six hanging gongs (degung or jenglong), which gives the ensemble its name.
- The song is the thing: patokan, alur lagu and the impact of the
- called pelog degung which comes close to the Western intervals G-F#-D-C-B. It has fewer instruments than gamelan salendro, but they have a larger range.
- Wayang Golék: Performing arts of Sunda (West Java)
- Gamelan degung is a smaller ensemble (although individual instruments have a larger range).
Suggested Web Resources
- Gamelan degung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gamelan Degung is a Sundanese musical ensemble that uses a subset of modified gamelan instruments with a particular mode of pelog scale.
- Gamelan Degung
- A gamelan degung comprises the following instruments: goong. jengglong. bonang.
- Gamelan at Acadia University
- Gamelan at Acadia University.
- Gamelan Degung Instruments | RM.com ®
- Gamelan Degung Instruments articles, reference materials. Need more on We suggest these original texts: The Story of Gamelan Degung Instruments roots.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.