- Ganesh Chaturthi 2015: Everything You Wanted to Know About its Significance
- The end of the monsoon brings round one of Mumbai's most beloved festivals - Ganesh Chaturthi. Ganesha Chaturthi is celebrated by Hindus around the world as the birthday of Lord Ganesha, the destroyer of obstacles. Observed during the Hindu month of ...
- Yamuna's toxic tale: Art of Living event is only the latest chapter in a long
- In 2015, during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, NGT had banned immersion of idols made of non-biodegradable material into the Yamuna and asked the agencies to keep a check. But according to a report by The Hindu, people had completely disregarded ...
- In India, a Religious Tradition Seeks a Green Makeover
- For 10 days a year in late summer, during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, devotees across India worship one of the country's favorite gods, Ganesh (or Ganesha), before immersing his idol in a body of water.
- Bollywood's star kids celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi
- It's in Mumbai where Vinayak Chaturthi is celebrated with utmost vigour; there is a spirit of oneness when you see Bollywood stars join the excitement, visiting the famous Siddhivinayak Temple to take part in the 'aarti', like any commoner.
- Ganesh Chaturthi Rush Kills 14 on Mumbai Local Trains on Sunday
- The extra crowd was due to Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations in the city and many devotees depended on Mumbai's lifeline to travel in the city. But what made matters worse was a mega block - which means running of fewer trains to carry out maintenance work.
Ganesh Chaturthi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ganesh Chaturthi books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.