A selection of articles related to ganges river.
Original articles from our library related to the Ganges River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ganges River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2:2 And the LORD spake unto me, saying, 2:3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Ganges River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ganges River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ganges River Delta pdf
- Ganges River Delta. LG-1999-05-507-HQ. This image shows the Sundarbans, the central part of the large delta of the Ganges River in western Bangladesh.
- Ganges River Dolphin Habitats
- 1. Ganges River Dolphin Habitats.
- Flood Architecture … along the Ganges River 1 Flood Architecture
- and contextual constitution in the Ganges River basin and with reference to landscape form, infrastructural works, settlement practices, and events.
- Time-series analysis of remotely-sensed SeaWiFS chlorophyll in
- Mississippi, Ganges, and Pearl, the Orinoco has a low sediment yield. There are few dams, but the. Volcan dam is the largest on the Orinoco River.
Suggested News Resources
- Monsoon Rains Swell The Ganges River In India
- By Mark Dunphy - Fri Aug 12, 12:11 am Water levels along the Ganga (Ganges) River in the Indian state of Bihar have risen considerably since the 2011 Monsoon season began. Rising water levels on the Ganga are not unusual during India's monsoon season.
- Ganges twins with River Thames
- By Mike Pyle The Ganges river in India has been twinned with the Thames as part of a drive to improve water quality. The project will also help wildlife – and may even save lives.
- Dust storms and poor air quality plague India before monsoon
- Through April, May, and June, as monsoon conditions build, the air over the Ganges River plain grows thick with dust, smoke, and haze. Air quality over India is at its worst at this time of year.
- Berkshire experts to help clean up the Ganges
- Species at risk include the Ganges River Dolphin, freshwater turtles and the critically-endangered Gharial crocodile.
- Gandhi criticizes Indian reformist's hunger strike as dangerous precedent
- Agrawal took the train into New Delhi from Hardwar, one of the holy cities on the Ganges River. Like many of the people who have come here, Agrawal is angry. “The Congress Party has had 50-60 years of rule over India.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ganges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Ganges or Ganga is a trans-boundary river of India and Bangladesh.
- Ganges River - Map
- About the Ganges River. Cool Stuff To Know. The Ganges is 1557 miles long ( 2506 km).
- The Ganges
- The name of the Ganges is known all throughout the land of India.
- Ganges River - Pollution - YouTube
- Oct 7, 2007 The Ganges collects large amounts of human pollutants as it flows through highly populous areas e.g.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.