A selection of articles related to ganges river.
Original articles from our library related to the Ganges River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ganges River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Ganges River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ganges River books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Ganges: Heartland of a holy highway
- Cruising a remote part of the Ganges will take you into parts of India that are rarely touched by tourism, says Adrian Mourby. Cruising on the Ganges River. Photo / Roderick Eime, Creative Commons.
- Review> Water Worlds
- The Ganges River originates in the Himalayas and flows across northern India, where it ends in the Ganges River Basin, a highly productive agricultural zone that encompasses one-quarter of India's current population of more than 1.25 billion people.
- Art of Living: Massive festival by India's top guru threatens Delhi's Yamuna River
- Shankar's response to accusations of dumping debris, destroying crops and stripping the river's banks of vegetation is surprisingly cynical.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ganges River Topics
Related searchescaste mark in hinduism
emiliano zapata death and legacy
the prince of tennis plot
fine art pots