A selection of articles related to gardens.
Original articles from our library related to the Gardens. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gardens.
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Chamomile: The Healer
- Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, dedicated it to their gods. No...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
Gardens is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gardens books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Home Vegetable Garden Insect Pest Control
- insects, and all spiders, found in home vegetable gardens are beneficial and control of and around the garden throughout the season at least twice weekly.
- RAIN GARDENS
- Summary. Rain gardens are also known as recharge gardens.
- Rain Gardens
- Rain gardens are an important way to make our cities and neighbor- hoods more attractive places to live while enhancing ecological health. Benefits.
- rain garden brochure7_20_06(2).indd
- Rain gardens are typically planted with shrubs or perennials, and can be colorful Rain Gardens in Connecticut: A Design Guide for Homeowners.
Suggested News Resources
- Going green: Lush Ohme Garden in arid Wenatchee
- Wenatchee's Ohme Gardens in Central Washington welcomes visitors into a shady, alpine forest surrounded by a desert landscape. By Carol Pucci Sarah Hubbard, of Puyallup, relaxes in Wenatchee's Ohme Gardens while on a day trip with her family.
- Mulch is magical for our gardens
- When you add mulch to your garden beds, it breaks down with the help of decomposers like millipedes and beneficial bacteria and fungi.
- Man-leopard conflict on the rise in Dibrugarh tea gardens
- Significantly, most of the incidents have happened in the tea garden areas.
- Some residents howling at North St. Paul plan for sidewalks, rain gardens
- Under her city's new "Living Streets" initiative - a plan to create safer and greener streets by adding sidewalks and rainwater gardens - Stevens worries her snowy burden will get heavier.
- Flight 93 rose garden still blooming
- Volunteers are hoping to have the first flower bed of a memorial rose garden finished in time for the 10th anniversary of the crash of United Flight 93 in Stonycreek Township.
Suggested Web Resources
- Flower Beds and more at Better Homes and Gardens
- Display beautiful flowers around your home garden by creating borders and flowerbeds in your front or backyard.
- Garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A garden is a planned space, usually outdoors, set aside for the display, cultivation, and enjoyment of plants and other forms of nature.
- Garden Ideas
- Welcome to Garden Ideas online!
- Garden Guides, Your Guide to Everything Gardening
- How to grow plants, start a garden, get gardening tips or find supplies. Join the community and connect with gardeners with similar growing interests.