A selection of articles related to garuda stambha.
Original articles from our library related to the Garuda Stambha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Garuda Stambha.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Garuda Stambha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Garuda Stambha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Odisha: Puri Sevayats 'no to CCTV' within 'Garuda Stambha-Ratnasinghasana'
- Talking to PrameyaNews7 on Saturday, Mahajana Nijog Secretary Laxminarayan Singhari has demanded immediate removal of the 'five installed' CCTVs within the prohibitory zone between the stretch of 'Garuda Stambha' (pious pedestal of Lord Garuda) ...
- Nabakalebara 2015: Uniqueness of Lord Jagannath in Kalki Avtar
- In addition to this, a garuda stambha was also constructed in front of the temple alike in Puri. Another characteristic of this place is that every year the chariot is not built in new wood or no nabkalebar work is done for the idols.
- ICONOGRAPHY & RETROSPECT OF SRI JAGANNATH
- (Stambha), which were subsequently otherwise known as Madala Puja and Daru-upasana. In Savar language their deities were known as 'Kitung' and 'Jaganta'. At a later stage, worship of stone-made images also became popular in the tribal community.
- Ambalpady: Abode of gods
- Built in typical coastal style with an inner core surrounding an outer periphery, the Janardhana Temple is a fairly huge structure with an imposing Garuda stambha at the entrance. The idol of Janardhana is carved out of black stone and is very beautiful.
- Neglected historical treasure in the backyard
- The site of pre-historic paintings is first of its kind so far as Nalgonda district is concerned.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.